gnasherpro

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
On friday I got a new computer, which has an i5 3570k. Nothing is overclocked, and the case has seemingly good airflow and ventilation. The i5 just has the stock cooler, but I set the fan settings to turbo (which cranks up the fan speed to 100% once temps reach between 55 and 60). In games (blacklight retribution, where the cpu hovers around 70% or so) the temps max out at 70C. My questions are is this an acceptable temperature for the cpu and if the fan will last being at 100% pretty much whenever I'm gaming (in gw2 though the cpu only reaches about 50-55ish). Thanks a bunch!

Solution
The temps are fine.

Also, 100% (or close to 100%) will wear out the fan faster, BUT, think about it like this: CPU fans used to ("back in the day") run at 100% all of the time (and case fans did too, and a lot still do, even now). They lasted for ages. That's not really something that you should worry about.
The temps are fine.

Also, 100% (or close to 100%) will wear out the fan faster, BUT, think about it like this: CPU fans used to ("back in the day") run at 100% all of the time (and case fans did too, and a lot still do, even now). They lasted for ages. That's not really something that you should worry about.

Solution

gnasherpro

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011

Thanks a lot man :)