Sign in with
Your question

Performance issues DirectX games

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 26, 2012 1:31:44 AM

Hi im not absolutist sure which category this goes under but il put it under graphics and displays because well anyways

I am having massive performance issues with any DirectX game Battle Field 3 Assassins Creed Brotherhood LA Noir you get the picture, however my machine specs meet the standards of the minimum requirements and surpass most of them however when I run the game even in the lowest settings possible I get anywhere between 30-40FPS when im in game however a game using the source engine like TF2 runs faster than ever with all the settings maxed out. I have completely wiped and re-installed my drivers thousands of times using driver wipers and I have no other performance enhancing programs running other than the ATI catailist Iv been having these issues for the past month and its driving me crazy :pt1cable: 

so here are my specs I would be extremely great full for someone to help me thanks a lot :D 

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.41 GHz
Deneb 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 401MHz (5-5-5-18)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A79 Deluxe (AM2)
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB (Sapphire)
Hard Drive
147GB Western Digital WDC WD1500HLFS-01G6U0 ATA Device (SATA)
March 26, 2012 1:41:13 AM

also another weird thing is when I run Assassins Creed Brotherhood it lists as taking 585,432 memory but my Processor usage spikes at 90% but it seems like it should be able to handle more, I have no strange or crazy programs running in the back
m
l
March 26, 2012 1:46:04 AM

Your gpu is very outdated for these newer games.
m
l
Related resources
March 26, 2012 1:49:27 AM

You should understand the Source engine itself is very old and outdated. They add on to it but its a graphics engine designed in 2004. Your machine will easily max it out. Today's newer games your GPU is lacking. The minimum requirements are not to be able to play the game on low smoothly it is more like "If you have less than this don't try playing at all" Your system needs a new GPU and to play today's games well maybe even a new CPU as your current one might bottleneck it
m
l
March 26, 2012 1:59:46 AM

il accept that I might need a new processor but my graphics card should be fine right?
m
l
March 26, 2012 2:00:40 AM

Basicy alls I want is to run games at a medium setting at 50-60FPS
m
l
!