Not open for further replies.
Solution
I'm loving mine so far...I'm running

I7-3770K OCed to 4.5Ghz
GTX 560Ti SLI Oced (slightly)
G.SKILL 8G Ram (2400)!!!
2X SSD
2X HDD
oh...and I'm watercooling the whole thing so i pushes voltage to my swiftech commercial pump.

...all these and it doesn't sweat.

I've had it since January-Feburary (I forget) and it's running like a charm. It's the best price/value PSU i've ever bought.

The only thing I wish I could do (it's why it's cheaper) is that I wish I could have been able to remove some of the power cables by simply unplugging them. Trying to hide all these cables (even those that are being used) is a hassle. I'm having a hard time even with a NZXT Switch 810 case!

Other than that, it's solid gold.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
My GS800W PSU powers my I7 3770K (OCed), my crazy 8 gig RAM (2400), and my SLI GTX 560Tis in SLI with no hickups at all...

You'd probably get away with a 700W so 800W is plenty.

That said, a weak 800W will operate poorer than a good 500W. No worries though, it isn't the case for your "good" GS800 : )

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
I'm loving mine so far...I'm running

I7-3770K OCed to 4.5Ghz
GTX 560Ti SLI Oced (slightly)
G.SKILL 8G Ram (2400)!!!
2X SSD
2X HDD
oh...and I'm watercooling the whole thing so i pushes voltage to my swiftech commercial pump.

...all these and it doesn't sweat.

I've had it since January-Feburary (I forget) and it's running like a charm. It's the best price/value PSU i've ever bought.

The only thing I wish I could do (it's why it's cheaper) is that I wish I could have been able to remove some of the power cables by simply unplugging them. Trying to hide all these cables (even those that are being used) is a hassle. I'm having a hard time even with a NZXT Switch 810 case!

Other than that, it's solid gold.

Solution

That's just one card from one AIB (and the OP does not even mention that card) so I would err on the side of caution and refer to the folk who actually made the GPU in question.

No but an overclocked card uses MORE power than a standard card, so a standard card would use less than 137w. Nvidia is likely stating maximum TDP. Nvidia also recommend a MINIMUM 450w psu in the link you posted, and we all know on my system with a quad core Ivy Bridge cpu and a 660ti, even my 380w psu would still have over 100w of headroom.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Status
Not open for further replies.