Closed Solved

800w power supply enough for sli

Will a corsair gs800 enough for two gtx 660 ti in sli
18 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 800w power supply
  1. Yes.
  2. My GS800W PSU powers my I7 3770K (OCed), my crazy 8 gig RAM (2400), and my SLI GTX 560Tis in SLI with no hickups at all...

    You'd probably get away with a 700W so 800W is plenty.

    That said, a weak 800W will operate poorer than a good 500W. No worries though, it isn't the case for your "good" GS800 : )
  3. A quality 650w psu would be more than enough. They are only 137w each.
  4. is gs800 any good, im getting it cause its only 100 bucks (canadian) where i live
  5. Best answer
    I'm loving mine so far...I'm running

    I7-3770K OCed to 4.5Ghz
    GTX 560Ti SLI Oced (slightly)
    G.SKILL 8G Ram (2400)!!!
    2X SSD
    2X HDD
    oh...and I'm watercooling the whole thing so i pushes voltage to my swiftech commercial pump.

    ...all these and it doesn't sweat.

    I've had it since January-Feburary (I forget) and it's running like a charm. It's the best price/value PSU i've ever bought.

    The only thing I wish I could do (it's why it's cheaper) is that I wish I could have been able to remove some of the power cables by simply unplugging them. Trying to hide all these cables (even those that are being used) is a hassle. I'm having a hard time even with a NZXT Switch 810 case!

    Other than that, it's solid gold.
  6. computernoob29 said:
    is gs800 any good, im getting it cause its only 100 bucks (canadian) where i live


    It's decent. Made by CWT.
  7. Eh.. decent but not the best.
  8. what would be better for 100 bucks or lower, for sli gtx 660 ti
  9. geekapproved said:
    A quality 650w psu would be more than enough. They are only 137w each.

    According to Nvidia they are 150w cards :- http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-660ti/specifications , 650w would still be more than enough though.
  10. According to Guru3d, the Windforce Overclock Edition draws 137w.

    http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_660_ti_windforce_oc_review,7.html

    Keep in mind their recommendation of a 700w psu is based on a less efficient X58/i7 platform. Today's Ivy Bridge platforms use almost 50% less power.
  11. geekapproved said:
    According to Guru3d, the Windforce Overclock Edition draws 137w.

    http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_660_ti_windforce_oc_review,7.html

    Keep in mind their recommendation of a 700w psu is based on a less efficient X58/i7 platform. Today's Ivy Bridge platforms use almost 50% less power.

    That's just one card from one AIB (and the OP does not even mention that card) so I would err on the side of caution and refer to the folk who actually made the GPU in question.
  12. should i get the gs700 v2 or the tx750 v2 then, their the only corsair ones that are kinda in my price range
  13. computernoob29 said:
    should i get the gs700 v2 or the tx750 v2 then, their the only corsair ones that are kinda in my price range

    Either one of those would still be more than enough IMHO, I'm using a Corsair 620HX to run 2x 170w GPU's and an OC'd 2600k without issue.
  14. Mousemonkey said:
    That's just one card from one AIB (and the OP does not even mention that card) so I would err on the side of caution and refer to the folk who actually made the GPU in question.


    No but an overclocked card uses MORE power than a standard card, so a standard card would use less than 137w. Nvidia is likely stating maximum TDP. Nvidia also recommend a MINIMUM 450w psu in the link you posted, and we all know on my system with a quad core Ivy Bridge cpu and a 660ti, even my 380w psu would still have over 100w of headroom.
  15. TX650.
  16. Here's a few (you're in Canada, right?).

    Both are Gold Certified (High Efficiency) and SLI Readty.

    This one's probably a little overkill but is at a good price point.
    http://www.ncix.ca/products/?sku=56791&vpn=HCP-750&manufacture=Antec

    Crazy overpowered PSU (for you). 1000W is more than you'll ever need. It's only on for today, it's the best deal I could find:
    http://www.ncix.ca/products/?sku=44873&vpn=OCZZ1000M&manufacture=OCZ%20Technology&promoid=1267
  17. Best answer selected by computernoob29.
  18. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Gtx SLI Corsair Components