FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

s_iska

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
Hi,

3 months back I have built a computer the below specs and I did use my OCZ 500w PSU which is 4yrs old. All other components are new.

1. I7 2600K
2. ASUS P8Z68-V LX
3. CORSAIR 8G DUAL CHANNEL MEMORY (4GBX2)
4. GIGABYTE HD6670 1GB DDR3 video card.
5. HARDDRIVES:
1. 128GB OCZ AGILITY 3 SATA3 MAIN BOOT DRIVE
2. 2TB SATA 6GBS/S
2. 1TB SATA 3GBS

I am using WIN7 64BIT ULTIMATE AND IT HAS BEEN FULLY ACTIVATED AND I DO GET ALL RECENT WIN UPDATES.

Recently my system got unstable and OS GOT corrupted and I did MEMORY TEST and one of the module failed and both modules were replaced. Now I dont see any issues with the memory test but I do see "FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4" when I do stress test using PRIM p64v2511-64Bitversion.

I did complete testing with TUBO turned on and also TURBO turned OFF. In both senarios I do see the following error messages.

1. FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
2. Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
3. Torture Test completed 152 tests in 3hours, 58 mins - 1errors, 0 warnings.
4. Worker stopped.

I have not done any overclocking on my system and my usage is regular home and office kind. I suspect do you see any issues with my PSU unit??

Could you help what is going wrong and how to trouble shoot my system and resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.

Solution
I don't know I7 2600K temp limit but 90c remind me of my old pent D that hit 94c and shut down....

It could be the issue.. make sure the cooler fan spin fine, no dust. and the heat sink secure placed..

buying Aftermarket cooler is good idea, it can prolong the lifetime of the processor.

s_iska

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
I did MEM test with new memory dims and both pair has passed the mem tet for 6 to 7 hours.

The CPU temperature raising around 90 / 92C during the PRIM95 testing.

After I posted this message I have talked the INTEL support and they said they can't believe PRIM65 OR ANY OTHER 3rd parties. So they asked me to run the CPU load test from Intel Processor Diag tool. and it ran for 2hours and completed with ZERO errors.

I will change my memory and I will do PRIME95 testing add my comments.. later next week.

If you have any other ideas please suggest me.

InvalidError

Titan
90C is uncomfortably close to the CPU's thermal limit. You might want to check that your HSF is properly secured. If you still have the stock HSF, I recommend getting an aftermarket HSF like the 212EVO which is ~$30 on Amazon.

With a properly installed stock HSF and no overclocking, your CPU should not exceed 80C unless your room temperature is very hot.

rdc85

Honorable
I don't know I7 2600K temp limit but 90c remind me of my old pent D that hit 94c and shut down....

It could be the issue.. make sure the cooler fan spin fine, no dust. and the heat sink secure placed..

buying Aftermarket cooler is good idea, it can prolong the lifetime of the processor.

Solution

s_iska

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
** it looks like the Rounding issue resolved after replacing the heatsink.. the 90C was down to 51 after replacing the coolmaster 212plus Heat sink..

I dont see any rounding error with PRIM95.. tested it for 10hours.. and everything seems good.

s_iska

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
I am gettng weired screen after 2 to 3hours of memory test with latest memory88 4.0a.. Please see the attached screen.

I dont see any, it says there are some errors however its coming with Junck charcters all over the screen.

please see the attached screen and confirm it is normal or something wrong.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zchaf5&s=6

The above URS has the memory test picture...!

If the above link doesn't work, copy the below link and paste it to web browser.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zchaf5&s=6

Thanks in advance.

s_iska

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

AS of now I dont see any other issues with the system. It seems bug with Memtest.. I will post it if I have other issues.

TRENDING THREADS