douglasw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
Kinda went nuts this week on the wallet after my old DDr2 board just gave up...I'm afraid i did alought of impulse buying without doing the research..Maybe you can let me know where i might have made the mistakes....Least this time i didn't have to buy everything so that was a bonus...I picked up the Asus Sabertooth Z77 with the intel 2600k were i though they would go good together and i bought the intel Cpu water cooler RTS2011LC with an extra fan the Antec true quiet pro 120mm to use as a push pull configuration.. I was going to go with Corsair but there products are loud with a 50/50 chance that somthing will go wrong with in the first 3 months.Then for Ram i knew buying more then 8 gbs was a waste so thats all i bought was 8 gbs of corsair Vengeance 1866 mhz and for memory 2 ocz Vertex 3 ssd 120 gb and plan to go raid 0 and the last part i bought was a sound card and i dont fool around when it comes to my sound so i made sure i bought the Asus Xonar Essence STX..Maybe your thinking i should have bought a power supply but 3 months ago my old unit dies and i replaced it thinking with in the year id be doing a complete overall so i bought the Kingwin LZP-1000 so over all i think im in better shape then i was before...One thing i know i did right was the motherboard which has a 5 year warranty..

SSri

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
Asus Sabertooth z77 is a very good motherboard. I would replace the i7 2600K with the new i7 3570 K if you are just a gamer or i7 3770K if you need for some heavy stuffs. I would opt for G.Skills and Seasonic PSU.

Let's know the budget.

douglasw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012

I'm not much of a gamer least i don't take it seriously...when i feel like playing games i have a PS3 on my 55'' Samsung but what i do take seriously is my music and that's why i bought the ASUS Xonar Essence STX what i do is i extract songs from blu ray music videos leaving me with songs with a bit rate in the 8000 when you listen to such music on foobar 2000 its totally amazing plus i use AutoCAD and my next step is to find a real good workstation video card if my computer lags i will consider the ivy bridge and more ram..You wanted to know my budget i don't have one if i need something i get it but i'm not into wasting money or trying to impress someone..