Solved

Thoughts on this build? Please Reply Soon.

Looking to run high end games bf3 skyrim but mostly for GW2 just need to know will it run those games and on what settings. Thanks :)

•CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K 3.40 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified) [+100]
•HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
•MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair XMS with Heat Spreader)
•MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, XFast Technologies, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 3x PCIe x16 (2 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2x PCIe x1 & 2 PCI (All Venom Ultimate OC Certified) [+49]
•SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
•VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+43] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

PS if you find anything i should upgrade to play games like bf3 then please let me know

PSS i would like to run GW2 on ultra high graphics
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about thoughts build reply soon
  1. Best answer
    The CPU is horribly overkill for the 6870. I reccomend going down to i5-2500k and getting a radeon 7850 instead. If you do that, you should be fine with Skyrim and GW2, as well as Battlefield 3 if you turn the settings down a bit.
  2. Thanks for the info with that said i will downgrade the cpu and do you think i can run gw2 on high?

    -Also, i am a very new pc gamer like 2 weeks new so thank you very much :)
  3. whalen22 said:
    Thanks for the info with that said i will downgrade the cpu and do you think i can run gw2 on high?

    -Also, i am a very new pc gamer like 2 weeks new so thank you very much :)

    From what I've seen from the beta, you should be fine running GW2 @ max settings. Battlefield 3 is probably the only game you can't run on max settings out of the ones you listed. A concern you might have is that I heard Cyberpower PSU's are ***, so I would buy a retail PSU and install it into the computer.
  4. Merueth said:
    From what I've seen from the beta, you should be fine running GW2 @ max settings. Battlefield 3 is probably the only game you can't run on max settings out of the ones you listed. A concern you might have is that I heard Cyberpower PSU's are ***, so I would buy a retail PSU and install it into the computer.


    I have also heard that so i am getting the 80 gold plus psu unit do you think that would work?

    -Also, thank you so much this info is very helpful :)
  5. whalen22 said:
    I have also heard that so i am getting the 80 gold plus psu unit do you think that would work?

    -Also, thank you so much this info is very helpful :)

    Yes, an 80+ Gold PSU is usually very good, listing what brand and make it is would also help.
    Good PSU brands are: Corsair, Seasonic, XFX, Antec, and OCZ.
  6. Merueth said:
    Yes, an 80+ Gold PSU is usually very good, listing what brand and make it is would also help.
    Good PSU brands are: Corsair, Seasonic, XFX, Antec, and OCZ.


    Corsair cmpsu-650txv2 80+ PSU
  7. whalen22 said:
    Corsair cmpsu-650txv2 80+ PSU

    That will do just fine.
  8. Ok thank you so much, thanks to you i know just what computer i want :)
  9. Best answer selected by Whalen22.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cyberpower Games Systems