Watercooled sli

agsking

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Im sorry if this is easy to find but I don't know where to start looking. I was hoping to get 2 gtx680s hydro copper by evga when they come out. I've seen that you need a "bridge" between the two cards so that you can use a single loop for both cards. I didn't know what these are called, how to set it up, or where to buy it. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great! Thanks in advanced

bucknutty

Distinguished
The SLI bridge is a printed circuit board that is used to connect the two video cards so they can share data directly rather than running communication back through the PCIe bus.

As far as water cooling both cards, you just have to lay out your loop the same as any other water cooled setup. Decide if you want the water to run in series, that is go in card 1 then out to card 2, this is easier but card 2 gets warmer water, or do you want to run them in parallel, that is both cards get their own loop.

bucknutty

Distinguished
The sli bridge normally comes with the motherboard, because it needs to be the same length as the spacing of the PCIe slots. If you dont have one the best place to get one is ebay. Just make sure to use a ruller or a tap measure to get the length right.

I just picked two sets of these up from frozen cpu

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14623/ex-tub-1062/Enzotech_SLI_Bridge_Fittings_Set_-_Matte_Black_BSLI-1.html?tl=g30c101s873

Running 4 8800 ultras 3 in 3-way sli and a forth for physics, havent had any problems with them at all. For my two 580's i just used two hose barbs and some tube to connect the two card together.

as for sites to order from you can look through Dangerden.com or frozencpu.com there are other sites but those are the ones i use.

agsking

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Sorry I wasn't clear. I know about the sli bridge I was asking about the part That connects the first cards output to the second cards input(for watercooling).
What faalin posted was kinda what I was thinking but I thought there was a different type of it. I found a yorube video that i will post when I get home if no one knows what I'm talking about. Also how much hotter is the water after passing through the first card?

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6NDuJjKE1Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Good look at it at 6:35

bucknutty

Distinguished
I just used a bit of tubing from the out put of card 1 to the intake of card 2. This makes 1 simple loop. The second card is getting water that was warmed by the 1st card but according to MSI afterburner both cards are about the same temp. Never used anything really fancy, just the same barbs and tubing as the rest of the setup.