My keyboard types # instead of \\

Hi I a using a Windows 7 pc to connect to a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine over remote KVM and when I type \\ it comes out as ##

Any ideas?

Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about keyboard types
  1. Looks like a keyboard mapping or keyboard type error. Are you accessing via Remote Desktop or another app?
  2. I am using remote KVM on an Intel Multiflex server web interface. The web interface uses Java
  3. I am using remote KVM on an Intel Multiflex server web interface. The web interface uses Java
  4. Are you using a standard keyboard on your Win 7 PC? Or, a keyboard with programmable hot keys, gaming keyboard, or other special features?
  5. It's a standard keyboard - it came with a Dell PC
  6. You're using a UK keyboard on a machine set up for a US keyboard (or vice versa).
  7. It's a UK keyboard and the server I am connecting to has been setup as English UK, but I am connecting via an intel web interface and using the Remote KVM function on there. I have just checked the interface and there are no settings which affect the keyboard language, only the written language which is set to English.
    I guess there is no answer to this so I am happy for this case to be closed

Thanks everyone
  8. It's a UK keyboard and the server I am connecting to has been setup as English UK, but I am connecting via an intel web interface and using the Remote KVM function on there. I have just checked the interface and there are no settings which affect the keyboard language, only the written language which is set to English.
    I guess there is no answer to this so I am happy for this case to be closed

Thanks everyone
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows Server 2008 Connection Keyboards Windows 7