Virus threat at TH

ctbaars

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
I get this warning (a lot) visiting this site. I'm using Chrome

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
www.tomshardware.com contains content from planetsmilies.net, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
We have already notified planetsmilies.net that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on planetsmilies.net, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

If you understand that visiting this site may harm your computer, proceed anyway.

Help improve detection of malware by sending additional data to Google about sites on which you see this warning. This data will be handled in accordance with the Safe Browsing privacy policies.

randomizer

Champion
Please let us know what page you are visiting when it happens. There are spammers who post smilies (or even transparent images) here which silently cause your browser to download an affiliate cookie, and this might be the cause of that warning. We want to get rid of those spammers :)

ctbaars

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
It has improved this morning but still does it when I click on "Official IB Thread Discussion"
EI loads the pages without errors. It just takes a little longer.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
It might have something to do with that Vaio laptop add popping up in the forums. It covers the top part of the thread title and username, and no way of closing it.

Edit: think its in all forums, comes by within a minute.

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
ctbaars,

I believe the issue is with an image and link that you are posting on the site from the site ***. I have removed that image from your posting on the IB thread. However, clearly, Google thinks planetsmilies has viruses on it. Therefore, anytime a person posts an image from or link to that site, Chrome will give a warning. Could you please refrain from doing that?

Thank you!
Justin

EDIT: Actually, it appears an admin has already blocked that site, so now future posts can contain that URL. Therefore, there won't be a problem in the future.