help please i dont know sh** about x box

i just got my friends old x box that is in pretty bad condtion.... its
physically fine and i deleted all the saved games off of the hard drive xcept
for the one im playing and every 10 min or so my x box goes CANNOT RECOGONIZE
DISC however i clean the disc and there are no scratches at all.... so there
is proally sumthin wrong with the x box?? right?? i would appruciate any help

clemar via GamesKB.com <forum@gameskb.com> wrote:
> i just got my friends old x box that is in pretty bad condtion.... its
> physically fine and i deleted all the saved games off of the hard drive xcept
> for the one im playing and every 10 min or so my x box goes CANNOT RECOGONIZE
> DISC however i clean the disc and there are no scratches at all.... so there
> is proally sumthin wrong with the x box?? right?? i would appruciate any help

Try a CD/DVD cleaning disc. Otherwise, it sounds like the drive's laser
got knocked out of alignment. Don't know if that's something you want to
fix, or just buy a new DVD drive for the thing.

Go to www.surpluscomputers.com and pick up a new disk drive for $20