Nvidia GTX 570 - unable to run ANYTHING

Hey all,

im new to the forum and im a bit unsure of where to post this, i just recently got an Nvidia GTX 570... i wanted to take it for a test ride and so far things are going fro bad to worst.

i cant play anything, so far ive tested: Skyrim, Crysis 2, The Witcher, starcraft II and WoW; results are pretty much the same, no matter what setting i play for skyrim crysis 2 or the withcher (running at 1920 res), im able to play for 5-10 mins and thats TOPS and system reboots.

stacraft and wow seem to run ok but they are not as demanding...

specs:

Proc: quad core @ 2.66 ghz, 4 gigs ram
GPU: nvidia gtx 570
PSU: 800w Monster

temps do not seem to go over 60 celcius; HELP.

thanks!

ps: tried removing and reinstalling nvidia drivers, no go.
9 answers Last reply
More about nvidia unable anything
  1. sounds like it could be the power supply. Exactly what brand and model is it?
  2. Pixxo 800w Monster supply, unsure if there is any other info on this psu,

Capacidad

800W

ATX 12V V2.3

Input Current

7A @ 115Vac / 4A @ 230Vac

Input Frequency Range

50 ~ 60 Hz

M/B 20+4 Pin x 1

CPU 4+4 Pin x 1

PCI-E x 2

Molex x 4

SATA x 2

Floppy x 1
  3. well, assuming everything worked before you swapped out the gpu... its most likely one of 2 things. one, bad gpu. two, bad power supply.

or less likely, uve damaged the mobo while installing the new gpu.

edit: judging by the brandname ive never heard of, good chance its your psu. i would try a different cable off the psu. ie the 6 pin connector, try a different one. maybe you have a bad rail or something.
  4. Edit: I am too slow on this Monday...

+1 to neon neophyte. A poor quality PSU will not output the juice a large card needs under high demand.
  5. YEA, a good quality TX 650 will be perfect for you. there is a difference between a Good Quality 600 watt and a Bad Quality 800. you may have bad capacitors and other power holders in the power unit. a better quality power supply means a better quality part. And a Power Supply is the best insurance policy you can buy for your system
  6. Rockdpm said:
    YEA, a good quality TX 650 will be perfect for you. there is a difference between a Good Quality 600 watt and a Bad Quality 800. you may have bad capacitors and other power holders in the power unit. a better quality power supply means a better quality part. And a Power Supply is the best insurance policy you can buy for your system

wouldnt a bad PSU cause the same issues at starcraft and world of warcraft games (both at max settings, full res? )

i managed to run the witcher 2 for a lil bit (considerably) longer, decreased resolution to 1680 i believe it was and ran it in window mode and noticed a huge decrase in CPU usage...

im just saying if its a bad PSU that is able to run 2 games, it should at least crank enough power to run the witcher at minimum settings at full res... shouldnt it?
  7. It's not about how much power it can "crank", it's how good its components actually are at supplying the power itself.
  8. been reading about voltage beeing to low and a bios update being available, gigabyte bios software didnt let me flash the card so i tried manually setting the volatege with afterburner, for some odd reason it wont let me alter de core voltage...
  9. got it to bump the clock, still having the issue...

so far i have only been able to play at 1280 x 1024
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx World Of Warcraft Graphics