GhostComandr

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Hi,

This is my first PC I've ever built and after weeks of research I've got a rough draft of the component list.

Here it is:

CPU: Intel Core i5 Processor
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68- V LX Intel Z68
RAM: Patriot G2 Series 8GB DDR3
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 570
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
Power Supply: Ultra LSP650 650-Watt
Optical Drive: Life-On Internal DVD Writer
Case: Cooler Master RC-430-KWN1 Elite 43

I'm trying to build a gaming PC that can play the latest games in high quality and is future proof. Will this build be able to play games like StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, Battlefield 3 and if so on what settings? And would it be worth the extra to upgrade the GTX 570, to a GTX 570 superclocked, what added benefit would this bring?

Thank You

imranfarid99

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
The processor is i5 2500K right........then the board is fine
Your Video card is more than enough.......i would change the power supply for sure.....

you have gone for a crappy PSU....Dont risk your PC on a Cheap PSU ....go for a Corsair , Antec , Seasonic or a XFX PSU......

Then the case is a shitty one........get One of these

1) Corsair Carbide 300R , 400R or a 500R
2) Cooler Master HAF X , HAF 912 or a 922
3) NZXT Source 210 elite or a Phantom

Then Everything is Fine

It seems that your'e not a Budget Builder ..........try getting an SSD

Because i would surely recommend everyone to get a SSD experience and then you will never go to HDD

if you have a micro center near you there cpu prices for the i5 ib chips are lower then new egg. has haswell will be out sometime next year the 1155mb are already at there end of life. if would look into and ib i5 and a z77 mb. at most you should only pay 20 more for the cpu and 20.00 more for the same mb for the z77 chipset. the new gpu are now pci 3.0 they may not be able to max out the pci 2.0 right now but they may soon do that if ati and nvidia keep leep frogging there cards every few months. when you look at cases like antec 100 gaming case and the r300 case. look at how the hard drive bay is and the max video card lenth the case can have. on the antec it 10 inches long. on the r300 that has the extra room it almost 17 inches for a video card. also look to see how easy it your bee to add/repalce the cpu heat sink. on the new gaming cases they give you a nice large window to do this. also look at the fans and grills. bigger the fans are the slower they have to run if the case got grills like the r300 it going to be pulling in cold air and letting the hot air out without the need of a lot of fans.