echod

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
Newegg has been out all weekend. How reputable is tigerdirect?
The ones that are buying, are you buying this card or waiting for other models?

Solution
I ordered from tigerdirect when they said they had it in stock then they put me on backorder. I canceled my order and won't be buying from them again.

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
TigerDirect is very reputable. NO e-tailers have 680's in stock anymore. Last I heard it will be April before more become available.
I will also wait on the later releases of Keplers like alvine is doing. I don't like the idea of buying the first production run of ANY item.

KNO3

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
I ordered from tigerdirect when they said they had it in stock then they put me on backorder. I canceled my order and won't be buying from them again.

Solution

rndmavis

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

THIS^

I am very disatisfied with TD for this exact reason. I went thru the same thing. Cancelled my order after I was able to reserve the last 680 at microcenter. $547 with tax.....

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I live in the Netherlands, so I have a million choices, none of which apply to you lot.

Neither will I be getting a 680, since I both:
A. Am perfectly happy with my 6970
B. Don't want to spend cash now I'm saving up for something else
C. Can't justify a 500 Euro graphics card. (500 Dollars would be ok though)

Cheerz :sol:

Im not buying either ..... while being the 1st kid on the block to get the new shiny thing has its own benefits, I much prefer the to wait till the reference cards have been out and run thru the mill and manufacturer's respond with the tweaked no reference designs. The 570 was the bets example of this when early adopters were burning up their PCB's when overclocking ..... vendors non reference designs with 8 and 10 phase VRM's made that problem a distant memory.

Non reference designs with bigger / better coolers and beefed up PCB's pay nice dividends on what OC you ultimately can reach and cooler running cards give ya a lil bit of longevity insurance.

echod

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010

well I'm on a gtx 285 and just ready to upgrade. Was going for the 580 but for 80-100$ more for the 680 I don't see why not. I'm on a single monitor @ 1920x1080 so I don't really see myself OC'ing this card