Fresh installing XP Pro with Classic Start Menu

Does anyone know how to do this?
Is there a registry entry that can change this?
Or how about some form of login script?

The reason I ask is because most of the users I support don't have any
experience with XP, only 2k Pro. So when they first log into a machine it
has the XP (Categorized) start menu, and they can't make heads nor tails of
it. So I'd like to be able to fresh install a PC, and when the user first
logs onto this machine in the domain they automatically have the Classic
Start Menu setup.
2 answers Last reply
More about fresh installing classic start menu

    If XP Pro you can use Group Policy...
    Start | Run | Type: gpedit.msc | OK |

    Navigate to >>>

    User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar\
    Force Classic Start Menu

    User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\
    Force Classic Control Panel Style

    User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Desktop Themes\
    Load a specific visual style file or force Windows Classic

    Look around a little.

    Double click each item and click the have a look at the Explain tab.
    -----

    Force Classic Control Panel Style
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explor
    er]
    "ForceClassicControlPanel"=dword:00000001

    Force Classic Start Menu
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explo
    rer]
    "NoSimpleStartMenu"=dword:00000001

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:27473E32-CAD2-4B6E-A76B-B2907BF57D50@microsoft.com,
    Ingo <Ingo@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    http://www.theeldergeek.com/force_use_of_classic_start_menu.htm
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/nosimplestartmenu.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Ingo" <Ingo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27473E32-CAD2-4B6E-A76B-B2907BF57D50@microsoft.com...
    Does anyone know how to do this?
    Is there a registry entry that can change this?
    Or how about some form of login script?

    The reason I ask is because most of the users I support don't have any
    experience with XP, only 2k Pro. So when they first log into a machine it
    has the XP (Categorized) start menu, and they can't make heads nor tails of
    it. So I'd like to be able to fresh install a PC, and when the user first
    logs onto this machine in the domain they automatically have the Classic
    Start Menu setup.

Configuration Start Menu Windows XP