Upgraded build and no SLI is no longer an option on the Control Panel

DigChaos

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
So i recently upgraded my machine's motherboard (Gigabyte GA990FXA-UD3) Memory (Corsair 2000mhz) CPU ( FX 6100) all is running good except for one thing, the GTX-260s i have in SLI aren't working. The nVidia control Panel isn't giving me the option to turn SLI on. Both of the cards are recognized in the system information tab but under the 3D Settings tab SLI doens't show up. I read that a few people saying the RealTek ethernet driver was the culprit but the link on those forums

Sadly the wikidriver no longer hosts that file and i haven't had any luck finding a mirror. Currently using Realtek ethernet drivers version 7.31.1025.2012 and nVidia drivers 275.33

http://imgur.com/a/XmPpL

You guys have any ideas? I can't let that second card just sit there sucking power doing nothing! lol thx

cylemmulo

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Well thats interesting indeed, I would try updating all of your motherboard drivers for a start, see if its a chipset issue or something. One idea to see if it is realtek, you could try just uninstalling the drivers for it and see if that works. I tried searching for those drivers as well and i only found wikilinks :/ I will try and search some more sources later if noone has found a solution. But try uninstalling the drivers first.

DigChaos

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011

Ok I'll try updating all the drivers when I get home, I have the ones that came on the CD currently installed, the mobo is pretty new the bios was all the way up to date. I wish I could find that realtek driver so at least I know ive tried sole thing that worked for someone else heh. There is one thing in the device manager that is still a "!" I think it might be a chipset driver maybe

DigChaos

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011

I had actually prepared to reinstall the Os because I thought I'd have to but windows booted right up and installed all the new hardware, besides this SLi issue it works perfectly

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012

This is part of your problem, you'll need to install the chipset driver, preferably the one off their website. Chipset drivers affect almost everything in how you computer operates and detects hardware.

Whenever you don't do a fresh reinstall you'll have to deal with problems like this, especially with the chipset drivers.

DigChaos

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
Got it to work, downloaded the latest driver (296.10), moved the 2nd card to the other 16x PCIE slot (which i didn't want to do in the first place because now the second card is covering the ONLY PCI slot i have for my soundcard (no soundcard now:( ) (dunno if this did anything but it works so i'm not moving it) uninstalled all the video drivers and ran Driver Sweeper. Installed the drivers in safe mode, rebooted and it worked.