HD6670 Low Profile in Lonovo ThinkCentre m91p sff : will it work?

I know there are 100s of posts with questions similar to this but I cant find an answer to this exact question: has anyone actually tried using the Sapphire AMD Radeon HD6670 Low Profile 1GB GDDR5 on a Lenovo ThinkCentre m91p sff? It has a 240 watt PSU with 17 A on 12v . Most posts say that this card is rated for at least 400 Watts but that it might work on a smaller PSU. Lenovo also says the following in the specs for this machine: Slot 1: Low Profile, PCI Express 2.0 x16 (45w max). Is this also just playing it safe? I'm very keen on trying out the 6670 if anyone else has managed to get it working on this same machine (without it blowing up shortly after...). Would opt to replace the PSU but having trouble to find a higher watts PSU with the same form factor here in South Africa. Not very keen to build everything into a new case with a bigger PSU. Any comments or advice will be appreciated!
2 answers Last reply
More about hd6670 profile lonovo thinkcentre m91p work
  1. Really? Has nobody tried this? Fine.. I have bought the card and am awaiting delivery in the next few days.. Really hope it is going to work.
  2. Works fine but card is too big for the case. Will have to saw off a piece of the plastic hard drive bracket then all will be ok :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics