GrantC

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Hello everyone,

I just finished building my first gaming PC afew days ago and so far everything as been amazing exept for 1 issue, a CPU fan error in my BIOS. When turning on my PC from a cold boot I am taken to the "Press F1 to enter settings" screen. I see that my CPU fan is infact running but it is running slowly (around 590rpm off a cold boot) however when I wait afew minutes and restart my system the fan speed increases to about 700rpm and my PC loads normaly. Also I downloaded a CPU temp monitoring application (Coretemp) and my CPU seems to be at a stable temperature (37c while browsing the internet and 47 - 60 while gaming). I would like to know if this is normal and if so can I disable CPU fan warnings some how? Please note that I am a novice builder,thanks for the help and I will leave my specs below.

Asus z77 sabertooth motherboard
Intel core I7 3.4ghz
cooler master hyper 212+ (Causing the fan error I assume)
Corsair vengence 16gig
gigabyte windforce gtx 670

Sorry if I forgot anything, like I said I am a novice builder and I am still learning.

It's totally normal with aftermarket coolers because they usually have larger fans that run slower, so at a cold boot, the fan spins slowly and the BIOS thinks that the fan is dead (when it obviously isn't). Nothing wrong at all.

So yes, you just need to lower the "CPU Fan Speed Low Limit" setting in the "Monitor" section of the BIOS. I have mine set at 200 RPM.

LlamaGoingNorth

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

I had the same problem with my cooler, in the Asus bios, disable the 'CPU Q-Fan Control' option (Advanced Mode -->Monitor) and the warnings should go away :) Just make sure the fan IS spinning...