Sign in with
Your question

HELP! No display, boot device led

Last response: in Systems
May 27, 2012 4:44:39 PM

The build is: (no video card as it has not come in yet)

i7 3770k
Corsair H100
Asus Sabertooth z77
Corsair 4x4GB low profile 1600 CML16X3M4A1600C9
Corsair HX1050 power
Cooler Master Cosmos 2 case
Asus Bluray/DVD/CD
Intel 520 SSD 120GB

The issue as they came up:
- I started up the computer connected to HDMI output of the motherboard and I get no display on the TV (a TV, not a monitor)
- After several manual restarts and no success, I updated the BIOS according to the BIOS flashback feature of the board
- First start up after BIOS flashback, the computer startup then after all the check lights go off the CPU and boot device led comes on and the system restarts on its own and I still have no display on the screen
- I turn off the computer manual turn it back on and the boot device led on the mother board stays on
- I manually turn it off
- I have reseated every stick of RAM
- I have removed, inspected, and reseated the CPU
- I have started the computer up without the SSD and Bluray/DVD/CD player connected to the motherboard
- The boot device led stays on

The computer beeps (1 time short) at start up.

Isn't the HD4000 suppose to provide basic video output through the motherboard's HDMI plug? Or do I need a video card to see anything?

Please help, this is driving me crazy!
a b B Homebuilt system
May 29, 2012 12:14:28 PM

"No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" checklist

fml4ever said:
The build is: (no video card as it has not come in yet)

i7 3770k
Corsair H100
Asus Sabertooth z77
Corsair 4x4GB low profile 1600 CML16X3M4A1600C9
Corsair HX1050 power
Cooler Master Cosmos 2 case
Asus Bluray/DVD/CD
Intel 520 SSD 120GB

The issue as they came up:
- I started up the computer connected to HDMI output of the motherboard and I get no display on the TV (a TV, not a monitor)
- After several manual restarts and no success, I updated the BIOS according to the BIOS flashback feature of the board
- First start up after BIOS flashback, the computer startup then after all the check lights go off the CPU and boot device led comes on and the system restarts on its own and I still have no display on the screen
- I turn off the computer manual turn it back on and the boot device led on the mother board stays on
- I manually turn it off
- I have reseated every stick of RAM
- I have removed, inspected, and reseated the CPU
- I have started the computer up without the SSD and Bluray/DVD/CD player connected to the motherboard
- The boot device led stays on

The computer beeps (1 time short) at start up.

Isn't the HD4000 suppose to provide basic video output through the motherboard's HDMI plug? Or do I need a video card to see anything?

Please help, this is driving me crazy!
m
l
June 2, 2012 10:28:31 PM

hi nhasian-

I'm having a similar problem with my build (built it the day before yesterday).

i7 3770k
sabertooth z77 mobo
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 2gb OC graphics card
corsair H80
corsair 650D Obsidian Case
corsair dominator DDR3 Ram (2x4gb)
crucial 120g ssd
corsair GS800 Power Supply

I have yet to see any video output from the sabertooth's HDMI output. Fortunately the video does output from the hdmi on the graphics card though. It seems like the mobo is not recognizing the igpu of the i7 3770k because under the mobo advanced menu's system agent configuration settings there are no graphics configuration settings. Before installing the radeon gpu I had convinced myself that I had somehow fried or pent a pin on my i7 because I wasn't getting any video output! When I try to install the lucidlogic virtu MVP I am getting this error "integrated graphics device was not found, virtu MVP setup will exit". Does anyone know how I can get the lucidlogic software up and running/my i7 3770k gpu working?

Best,
newbcompbuilder
m
l
!