Gtx 460 vs Gtx 560 (non-Ti) HELP!!

stapo19

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
hi everyone

i want to know what would be the better choice :
Palit NVIDIA GeForce GTX560 (P-GTX560-1GBD5-V3)
OR
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC, 768MB GDDR5 (GV-N460OC-768I)

i will be playing games like bf3, portal 2, crysis, gta etc....

and also this will be for a new build so what PSU would run this card good
also could i have the PSU link for EBAY...

thanks, Stapo19

D

Deleted member 217926

The 560. The 560 is basically a rebadged GTX460 1GB that is clocked very highly. The GTX460 768 is a slower card than the orignal GTX460 1GB.

You will need a quality 450-500w power supply. Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Enermax, Silverstone, OCZ and Antec are all good brands.

I am a PC

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
If you are considering a GTX 560 you could even settle for a GTX 460 1GB 256bit card and OC it faster than a GTX 560 @ stock cause like the guy above said the GTX 560 is functional identical to the GTX 460 1GB

I am a PC

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012

They are the same cards the GTX 560 is just factory OCed higher with better power phases is all but it is a GTX 460.

DM186

Splendid

Why are you telling me? I am not the OP. I am not trying to sell a point just giving him something to look at and he can make his own mind up.

My self I would go with the 560 because the 460 is on its way out just like the 560ti 448 core. But that is my choice. Isn't this a place were we can give our opinions and help the people who ask for it?

Then why would you direct a comment to me knowing I am not the OP. Plus why would you think that I would not know this? There is no logic in you telling me that info. I am not the one who need the help.

If you like to make points then find the fourm that does discusions or make your own topic here and start a debate but not on somebodys thread. We all are on here to help not to prove who is smarter.

G

could you kindly point him towards the tyrannosaurus poop trial :)

and that 4 points screwed up my posts/points ratio :(

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
I've always wondered about that Anandtech report on video cards. Do they actually bench them using EXACTLY the same parameters each time? They could have benched a 460 1GB 2 years ago and a 560 9 months ago using different CPU's, drivers.

I am a PC

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012

Thanks asshole ^PS I know OP will be reading thorough all replies to his post but ya it's not like my post stating a GTX 560 is a GTX 460 was irrelevant towards OPs question now was it now look what you created a derailed thread. Back on topic for OP heres a link that is a good read pertaining to your situation - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-amp-edition-gtx-560-directcu-ii-top,2944.html

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
I should have read that review first....I didn't think a 560 would be that much faster than a 460. Only difference between the 2 cards is clock speeds but then again "This card's 950/1100 MHz core and memory clocks" (from the review) are way ahead of what I can get from my 460 without maxing out the voltage.

I am a PC

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012

The old high end factory OC GTX 460 1GB card like the EVGA FTW are as fast as a GTX 560

stapo19

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
thanks for your help guys i will get the GTX 560, but i have another question i would like to ask?

this card will be for a new gaming rig and i want to know if my rig will be able to play bf3 on high settings on a 22 inch monitor a 1080p my system specs (soo far) as follows:

Processor - Intel i5 2500k
Graphics Card - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 (GV-N56GOC-1GI)
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB(2x 4GB) PC3-12800 / 1600MHz
Motherboard - ASRock Z68 EXTREME3 GEN3 Motherboard
PSU - Aywun Mega Power Pro Series 650W ***OR*** Corsair Builder Series CX-600 V2 (would they be good enough to run the 560????)
Case - Antec Two Hundred V2 Versatile ATX Tower Gaming Case

is this a good rig??????????????

thanks, stapo19

DM186

Splendid

You are deffently entitled to your opinion as we all are since that is what we do on this forum. However when you don't agree with someone eles opinions, you resorted to ungentlemanly like name calling. :non:

In the past I have read some of your posts on other threads. They were good help answers and I was begining to respect you for your contribution to these forums and still do but to jump on someone and try to disprove them or putting there opinions down is not acceptable.

This is a big think tank where people get together and share there knowledge with each other and use that knowledge to help the people who need it. That is what this web site is all about.

There is the PM (personal message) box to relay the privet message. So when you don't use it and you go public with it then people will go public back and give there opinions. That solves nothing.

In the fucture you should direct your opinions to the OP, that would be more productive, and would not derail the thread as it did on here. I don't fire back on anybody unless they strike first.

I would never jump on someone to disprove there opinions or try to make them look bad. There is no point in it. If I had something to point out I would PM them. That would save a lot of problems.

D

Deleted member 217926

That is a good build with the Corsair power supply. However if you want to max BF3 at 1920 x 1080 the GTX 560 Ti would be the least powerful graphics card I would consider.