Changing path to Favorites

Linda

How is it possible to change the path for Favorites.? I want to have it in
an other dir than default.

Linda

TweakUI can do that (my computer|special folders).

"Linda" <arilby@online.no> wrote in message
> How is it possible to change the path for Favorites.? I want to have it
> in an other dir than default.
>
> Linda

Linda

"Jason Haynes" <jasonlhaynes@COLDmail.com> wrote in message
> TweakUI can do that (my computer|special folders).

Thank you !

Linda,

Windows XP stores the location of special folders (including Internet Explorer Favorites location) here:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]

By opening the Registry Editor manually, you can change the path there. Or, use TweakUI and change the location of these Special folders.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Linda" <arilby@online.no> wrote in message news:l%gGd.4684$Sl3.110647@news4.e.nsc.no...
How is it possible to change the path for Favorites.? I want to have it in
an other dir than default.

Linda

Linda

Thank you once more.
This solution was even better

Linda

Linda,

Windows XP stores the location of special folders (including Internet
Explorer Favorites location) here:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders]

By opening the Registry Editor manually, you can change the path there. Or,
use TweakUI and change the location of these Special folders.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Linda" <arilby@online.no> wrote in message
How is it possible to change the path for Favorites.? I want to have it in
an other dir than default.

Linda

You're welcome Linda.

--