Need help with a new gaming rig

Im planning on making my first gaming rig and im absolutley clueless after looking around. Im on a budget of £450and i dont know what to get.
I'll be using it for gaming and casual college work ie microsoft word ect. I plan on playing battlefield 3, diablo 3 and witcher 2 on high/ultra.
Im planning on getting a sapphire 6870 but i dont know what else to get.
I was intending on getting a amd fx470 oc however i've read that the i5 is better.
i dont require a monitor, keyboard or mouse and windows 7 is not needed.
Could you recommend me a build please the help would be brilliant
2 answers Last reply
More about need gaming
  1. jonny4312 said:
    Im planning on making my first gaming rig and im absolutley clueless after looking around. Im on a budget of £450and i dont know what to get.
    I'll be using it for gaming and casual college work ie microsoft word ect. I plan on playing battlefield 3, diablo 3 and witcher 2 on high/ultra.
    Im planning on getting a sapphire 6870 but i dont know what else to get.
    I was intending on getting a amd fx470 oc however i've read that the i5 is better.
    i dont require a monitor, keyboard or mouse and windows 7 is not needed.
    Could you recommend me a build please the help would be brilliant

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice <----- copy & paste this on here please
  2. Approximate Purchase Date: this month

Budget Range: £450

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, internet browsing,movies,coursework ie word and powerpoint

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers,

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: any

Parts Preferences:thinking of getting a sapphire 6870

Overclocking:Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe later on down the line

Monitor Resolution: using a tv so no idea its 22"

Additional Comments: want to play witcher, battlefield and diablo on high settings preferably.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems