Would this PSU work for SLI?

Hey guys,

I don't know a lot when it comes to PSU's so I need a bit of help. Would this Corsair AX750 psu http://www.corsair.com/power-supply-units/ax-series-power-supply-units/professional-series-gold-ax750-80-plus-gold-certified-fully-modular-power-supply.html be capable of running two of these Gigabyte GTX 670's http://www.morecomputers.com/extra.aspx?pn=GV-N670OC-2GD in SLI, along with an overclocked i5 3570k, 1 hdd, 1 ssd, mobo and fans? I think the 750w is plenty, with overhead just in case, my question is more does it have the appropriate connections for all this stuff?

Also a small question about this optical drive http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-AD-7280S-0B-Internal-Multi-Writer/dp/B0057FRTPW/ , what power lead will this require? I can't find the answer anywhere and I'm guessing molex atm, is that right and does the above PSU handle that?

Thanks for any help
5 answers Last reply
More about would work
  1. Yes it has the proper connectors and it will run your SLI setup very well.
    The DVD RW is a Sata one, it will require a Sata Power.
  2. Of coarse it will, with some head room and yes it has all the connections, plus you can use how many cables you want to, any ones you don't need you can take off the PSU (uses plug in cables).

    That requires a Sata power cable, IDE drives used molex.

    They look like this


    And they come with the PSU, the SSD uses them and so does the HDD if it is Sata.
  3. ilysaml said:
    Yes it have the proper connectors and it will run your SLI setup very well.
    The DVD RW is a Sata one, it will require a Sata Power.


    Anonymous said:
    Of coarse it will, with some head room and yes it has all the connections, plus you can use how many cables you want to, any ones you don't need you can take off the PSU (uses plug in cables).

    That requires a Sata power cable, IDE drives used molex.

    They look like this
    http://www.pimfg.com/ifaq/images/satapowerfaq.jpg

    And they come with the PSU, the SSD uses them and so does the HDD if it is Sata.


    Ok, thanks for the replies, so I'll need the 24 pin for the mobo, 2 6 pins and 2 8 pins for the 2 gpus, 3 sata power cables for the hdd, ssd and optical drive and my PSU can do that, brilliant.
  4. and an 8pin for the processor! but yes, it has that too.
  5. mi1ez said:
    and an 8pin for the processor! but yes, it has that too.


    Good point, i sometimes forget the secondary power for mobo/cpu
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies SLI Components