Building My First Gaming PC

WarmasterBacon

Honorable
May 27, 2012
Hello, I'm planning on building my first gaming PC, and I want to make it future proof. So far I've put together this build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/8Pmj

I was just wondering what you guys thought about it? In the future I plan to to overlock the i5 to 4.0 GHz, add a second 7850, add another Harddrive (2tb), water cooling, some red LEDs, and a blue-ray drive. Would my PSU be enough to handle all of this? I don't plan to build it until August so the GPU I might swap to a GTX 6xx thats in the same price range.

to comment on your build

1: get a hyper 212 evo. it is better than most single radiator water coolers and is much cheaper
2: get crucial ballistix sport or mushkin blackline ram. it is more low profile so that you can fit it under a heatsink and they are cheaper by 2-5 bucks. they perform the same.
3: a seagate barracuda with 64mb of cache is faster than your blue or black drive.
4: might want to try out a modular power supply such as a ocz zt650w. it is fully modular and slightly cheaper if not the same price.

to answer your questions

650w will be more than enough to run both of these cards and some other stuff. if the 660ti or the 660 is released i would check out the benchmarks then think about the radeon card.

TRENDING THREADS