Toolbar Button

Is there a way to add a toolbar button to IE 6? Long story short is I want
to add a Google button to the toolbar....thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about toolbar button

    On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:50:48 GMT, "Ross" <rkilbride@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Is there a way to add a toolbar button to IE 6? Long story short is I want
    >to add a Google button to the toolbar....thanks

    You can download Google's own toolbar here:-

    http://toolbar.google.com/

    I use it all the time - very handy!

    --
    The Aussie Bomber
    Carn The Dons!!

    thanks but for some reason when i use it it is extremely slow...i have to
    disable 3rd party plugins on ie6 in order to use google directly, several
    spybot sweeps as well as ad aware sweeps have not done the trick to resolve
    problem...

    "Aussie Bomber" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:50:48 GMT, "Ross" <rkilbride@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Is there a way to add a toolbar button to IE 6? Long story short is I
    want
    > >to add a Google button to the toolbar....thanks
    >
    > You can download Google's own toolbar here:-
    >
    > http://toolbar.google.com/
    >
    > I use it all the time - very handy!
    >

    > --
    > The Aussie Bomber
    > Carn The Dons!!

    Ross,

    Yes, it's possible. Follow the advice here:

    Adding Toolbar Buttons (Internet Explorer - Browser Extensions):
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/ext/tutorials/button.asp

    Tip #38 Adding a custom toolbar icon to IE standard toolbar
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/iefaq.htm (Example)

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Ross" <rkilbride@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:qhjGd.11799$Z%.4560@fe1.texas.rr.com...
    thanks but for some reason when i use it it is extremely slow...i have to
    disable 3rd party plugins on ie6 in order to use google directly, several
    spybot sweeps as well as ad aware sweeps have not done the trick to resolve
    problem...

    "Aussie Bomber" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:50:48 GMT, "Ross" <rkilbride@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Is there a way to add a toolbar button to IE 6? Long story short is I
    want
    > >to add a Google button to the toolbar....thanks
    >
    > You can download Google's own toolbar here:-
    >
    > http://toolbar.google.com/
    >
    > I use it all the time - very handy!
    >

    > --
    > The Aussie Bomber
    > Carn The Dons!!

Configuration Internet Explorer Microsoft Customization Windows XP