Errrr. Monitor shows 9/10 of screen.

ttg_Avenged

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
I drew a picture in paint to describe what's going on. Blue is what I'm seeing, and green is what I'm NOT seeing, and I should.

2cnw6mt.png

So I'm using a HDMI, and two monitors. One is strictly for temps, performance, yada yada. Other gaming. Well the gaming one is actually a television, but who cares right, same thing as a monitor right? This comp is a 4 day old build so that's why it just came up. I can use VGA, but the quality is terrible I heard, and last time I tried using that, I got a max of like 1368x768. Funky. This is on 1920x1080 now on HD. Just help me please, this is sooo irritating. Might just grab a new monitor JUST because of this... -_-

Thanks guys n gals!

P.S. My graphics card is a: nVidia GTX 560 Ti and yes, latest drivers are active. :)

ttg_Avenged

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012

yup, it's 720p. 1080 is i. not p. Can I get past this? i changed to 1280x720 and its still all not fitting on screen. a lot more is, but not all of it... :(

italiasian

Distinguished
May 29, 2011

Televisions were not built as a computer monitor, so they will not be able to support a display like a traditional monitor would. TV's should not be used as monitors, text and clarity will be diminished.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Ah i think i know what's happening. Turn off overscan in your TV's display settings. This happened with me too. Overscan cuts about 5% of the screen. iirc there should be an option in the Nvidia CP too, but at least in my case the TV setting worked.

I looked up your screen information and the native resolution is 1366x768. I'm quite certain that when you try and set it to 1920x1080p it doesn't support it, so that's why you are seeing what you are seeing.

cskoler

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Your problem is definitely overscanning. I know that if you have an AMD card, you can go into Catalyst Control Center and it's in the display settings there, you can set it to a percentage value. Not sure with Nvidia cards though. I used to have this same problem.

DM186

Splendid
^+1 to Chainzsaw
I got the same info. You really have to watch these retailers and how they word things to led you to believe that it is a 1080p or i. Or who ever sold you the TV told you the wrong info on it. Anyway good luck.