Can not acsess network Computer

I have a home network connected via a router/switch.
When I try to acsess the other compter I am asked to type the username and
password..
I do not use any password on the remote computer. If I just type the a
username existing on the remote computer acess is denied.
How can I remove this username/password control on the remote computer and
if I want to use it : How can you set thie username and password?

Linda
1 answer Last reply
More about acsess network computer

    Hi Linda,

    Run the network setup wizard on all the computers in the home network. The
    network setup wizard can be found at:

    Start>All programs>Accessories>Communications.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Linda" <arilby@online.no> wrote in message
    >I have a home network connected via a router/switch.
    > When I try to acsess the other compter I am asked to type the username and
    > password..
    > I do not use any password on the remote computer. If I just type the a
    > username existing on the remote computer acess is denied.
    > How can I remove this username/password control on the remote computer and
    > if I want to use it : How can you set thie username and password?
    >

    > Linda

Configuration Computers Microsoft Customization Windows XP