theniceguy

Honorable
May 27, 2012
Hello,
I am current looking to get a custom pc built for me, possibly by a popular web based company such as scan.co.uk, overclockers, etc, I would appreciate if any reccomendations could be made for me in which to choose.

Secondly and more importantly in terms of what I'm looking for exactly is a custom build within 1500-2000£, the use of this will primarily be for transfers to and from servers such as 4-6TB of data for research study at uni per month. Furthermore this build will require a powerful processor for me to multitask such as large numerical calc. As well as using VM software to run multiple os's simultaneously. The graphics card does not need to be so flashy for gaming but still contain preferably multiple cores to use some gpu power for calc. And the occasionally 3D movie lol :)

Don't worry in terms of hdd's as I already have an array, for this build I'm simply planning on using a SSD around 250-500gb gen 3. Oh and the ram should be around 16gb if 2133mhz(not sure if this right, feel free to correct minor errors in a constructive manner :) ) else 1600mhz for 32gb.

Any help would be appreciated I need to sort this out in a day or two (my old system like all my systems prior overheated to beyond tj max e.g 150degrees C, burning out :(, water cooled system maybe good idea)

Damn this is a long post, soz for wasting your time but need it!!

Thanks in advance

theniceguy

Honorable
May 27, 2012
Lol to add, I mostly likely want it to be overclocked and an ivy bridge low heat CPU would be plus, I don't think extreme processors of ivy have been released, but a plus anyway