Solved

When should we expect a price drop?

When I was asking for help building my computer, time after time people asked me to wait for the Kepler card to come out because a price drop will follow.

I have noticed that some cards have dropped about $30. Is this the drop everyone has been talking about? Should I be looking into buying a card now?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about when expect price drop
  1. Best answer
    Look up "price skimming"
    Probably the strategy id expect them to be using... rather than price penetration.
  2. I think prices will continue to drop on some models a bit more, but I have noticed that often when they get to where they have low stock on popular cards, the price goes back up
  3. right now only "reference" models have been released. once the different venders configure their particular models, then a 'real' price war would follow :)

EVGA is getting ready to launch 10 in total.
    http://www.evga.com/articles/00669/
  4. Price will certainly keep dropping and that's for sure. Like the GTX680 will be about $140 5 years from now, if you're willing to wait 5 years.
  5. Sonny73N said:
    Price will certainly keep dropping and that's for sure. Like the GTX680 will be about $140 5 years from now, if you're willing to wait 5 years.

Not exactly very helpful.
  6. If I were you, I'd say wait for the new Kepler cards along with their benchmarks etc to come out; You may want to buy one yourself. Doing the same here. Yet to see if they're even actually as good as they seem..Only time will tell.
  7. Best answer selected by johnkerry.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Computer Graphics Product