Sign in with
Your question

taking apart a monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 28, 2003 6:34:00 PM

Is it possible to take of the plastic casing of a monitor and then reinstalling it.
I'm asking this because we have an IBM MM75 monitor with great bose speakers on it. But since it is hardly ever used for sound-related purposes, I'd like to take out the speakers and place them next to my computer
Does anyone know how to start on something like this.

More about : taking monitor

May 29, 2003 1:36:33 AM

www.google.com

You should take note that it CAN kill you if you touch something inside that shouldn't be touched. I know someone who was shocked from a mobo disconnected and he knew what he was doing.... so do so at your own risk.
May 31, 2003 3:29:01 AM

You usually can but do not even come close to touching the part that extends out of the back of the glass display. Wire coils, vacumn cap, all can pretty much kill you. Hold it by the sides of the glass only

<b><font color=red>Remember kids, if you see a downed power line, suck on the end, candy comes out!</font color=red></b>
Related resources
June 2, 2003 6:10:20 PM

If the speakers are Bose Acoustic Waveguide (or whatever it's called) don't waste your time. The waveguides will be molded into the case. The actual drivers won't be worth using without them.

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b>
!