Picture Cooler

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 14, 2005 10:33:26 PM

This "Picture cooler" looks like an interesting program -
free too.

http://denoiser.shorturl.com/

Anyone with experience?

Regards,

--
Carsten J. Arnholm
Oslo Norway

More about : picture cooler

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 10:33:27 PM

Carsten Arnholm wrote:
> This "Picture cooler" looks like an interesting program -
> free too.
>
> http://denoiser.shorturl.com/
>
> Anyone with experience?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Carsten J. Arnholm
> Oslo Norway
> http://carnholm.home.online.no

I tried it some time ago; it didn't really impress me much and I got
rid of it. The noise reduction was harsh and lead to plastic-looking
results. The GUI was primitive and difficult to figure out. It's a
weird type of crippleware/shareware; you had to post a thread about it
in a forum or newsgroup in order to get it for free - a STUPID idea
that spams up Usenet - like your post, I'd assume? (apologies if I'm
wrong...) Otherwise you have to pay $25 for it - and it wasn't worth
either the money or the hassle.

ECM
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 1:07:50 AM

Carsten

In the PictureWindowPro - Forum runs a discussion:
http://www.dl-c.com/discus/messages/2/5675.html?1121359...

Dieter

"Carsten Arnholm" <carnholm@online.no> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> This "Picture cooler" looks like an interesting program -
> free too.
>
> http://denoiser.shorturl.com/
>
> Anyone with experience?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Carsten J. Arnholm
> Oslo Norway
> http://carnholm.home.online.no

July 15, 2005 6:06:26 AM

I did the same thing yesterday. I downloaded the program to try it. I
wasn't impressed either, but what turned me off was the "requirement"
to post a link on two forums. Not worth the trouble !!!!

Lou Sposa
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 7:42:56 AM

Carsten Arnholm wrote:
> This "Picture cooler" looks like an interesting program -
> free too.
>
> http://denoiser.shorturl.com/
>
> Anyone with experience?
>
> Regards,

I tried it and was completely underwhelmed.
Uninstalled.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
!