Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is it worth it

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 27, 2012 8:29:13 AM

Hi

I am getting HD6870 Sapphire for Rs 10500 ~ $210 & HIS ATI Radeon HD6870 ICEQ for Rs 12200 $244~ .

Is this model worth the difference ?? I mean I can get 560ti at around Rs 13300 ~ $ 266 & get better performance.

Please suggest what to do :pt1cable: 

Thanks

More about : worth

a c 80 U Graphics card
March 27, 2012 8:54:27 AM

560ti is better than 6870 for gaming performance. it trades blows with 6950 at 1080p, could be slightly better. 6870 is weaker than 560ti but it's a bit more power-friendly. i hear msi 560ti twin frozr is good, so is evga.
two comparo 6870 vs 560ti
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/540?vs=547
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/290?vs=330
it will depend on the rest of your pc specs, wherever you're buying from etc. it'd be even better if you provide your full pc specs incl. psu specs and links to the 6870 and 560 ti.
m
0
l
Related resources
March 27, 2012 3:21:40 PM

de5_Roy said:
560ti is better than 6870 for gaming performance. it trades blows with 6950 at 1080p, could be slightly better. 6870 is weaker than 560ti but it's a bit more power-friendly. i hear msi 560ti twin frozr is good, so is evga.
two comparo 6870 vs 560ti
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/540?vs=547
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/290?vs=330
it will depend on the rest of your pc specs, wherever you're buying from etc. it'd be even better if you provide your full pc specs incl. psu specs and links to the 6870 and 560 ti.



The spects are mentioned below

Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz soon it will be ~3.0 Ghz
Intel G41RQ m/b
4Gb Ram
Seasonic 520W or CX600
Samsung P2370 MS (23 inch LCD)
m
0
l
a c 80 U Graphics card
March 27, 2012 3:34:40 PM

either psu should be able to run 6870/560ti. main issue is your motherboard - is has pcie 1.1 if i guessed right. pcie 1.1 16x lanes are equivalent to pcie 2.0 (which your desired cards use) x8. most current games can run on pcie 2.0 x8 bandwidth fine.
if you're not gonna upgrade to a new pc, then either 6870 or 560ti should run on your pc.
m
0
l
March 27, 2012 5:38:11 PM

de5_Roy said:
either psu should be able to run 6870/560ti. main issue is your motherboard - is has pcie 1.1 if i guessed right. pcie 1.1 16x lanes are equivalent to pcie 2.0 (which your desired cards use) x8. most current games can run on pcie 2.0 x8 bandwidth fine.
if you're not gonna upgrade to a new pc, then either 6870 or 560ti should run on your pc.


Should I wait for the HD 7850 to be readily available, if I am not mistaken it is near $ 260 in the US market... if i could just figure a way to save the custom taxI would order today :cry: 
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 80 U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 3:45:08 AM

bikerider said:
Should I wait for the HD 7850 to be readily available, if I am not mistaken it is near $ 260 in the US market... if i could just figure a way to save the custom taxI would order today :cry: 

7850 would be even more psu-friendly than 6870. it is currently the most powerful card that needs only one pcie 6 pin power connector. if you want to wait for 7850, may be wait till 7850's kepler competitor (nvidia's 600 series card that will compete against 7850) comes out and gets tested. if that kepler competitor overall outperforms 7850 (like gtx680 vs 7970) in gaming, you'll have more available choices and possibly reduced price (emphasis on possibly).
Share
March 29, 2012 3:57:27 AM

de5_Roy said:
7850 would be even more psu-friendly than 6870. it is currently the most powerful card that needs only one pcie 6 pin power connector. if you want to wait for 7850, may be wait till 7850's kepler competitor (nvidia's 600 series card that will compete against 7850) comes out and gets tested. if that kepler competitor overall outperforms 7850 (like gtx680 vs 7970) in gaming, you'll have more available choices and possibly reduced price (emphasis on possibly).



How long do you thing will this take
m
0
l
a c 80 U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 7:56:06 AM

bikerider said:
How long do you thing will this take

i can't tell you when nvidia 600 cards will become available. i read many rumors and leaks, but so far the information is conflicting. gtx 680 had a 670ti designation but got upgraded, among other things. i haven't read anything on release date of nvidia cards. if we're lucky, at least two new cards might debut in april, similar to amd releasing 2 gpus each month. or could be a paper launch. i don't know. bottom line, you'll (and us) see it when it comes out.
m
0
l
April 5, 2012 2:21:57 PM

Best answer selected by bikerider.
m
0
l
!