Sign in with
Your question

5.1 surround sound issues.

Last response: in Components
September 20, 2012 1:25:56 AM

Hello all, I recently purchased the Logitech x-540 5.1 surround sound speakers and have been having issues with them. First I set the speaker configuration to 5.1 and only 3 of 5 speakers work as for some reason it doesn't detect the left and right speakers. If I set it to 7.1 all speakers work, but again no left right.

Now here is my question. My motherboard is the P8Z68-V Pro, with Realtek ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC onboard which has worked just fine up until now. Would I need a sound card in order to get the computer to use the left and right speakers as the left/right speakers and not side speakers? Playing music isn't a huge deal, but playing games is becoming a major problem... Could be a driver issue as well I guess..

And if I need a sound card, would this one work for my needs? http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Channel-Sound-Card-XONAR_DG/...

This is probably a really idiotic question, but the audio has never really been an issue up until now. I tried playing around with some settings but nothing seems to have worked.

Thanks in advanced!

More about : surround sound issues

September 20, 2012 2:04:27 AM

...So I solved my own problem in the end actually. It was a very stupid mistake as I noticed that this entire time I had the L/R input plugged into the wrong jack...

Well, it took looking like an idiot in front of everyone here to fix my problem but I'm just happy I did not buy a sound card and finally fixed this problem :) 
m
l
!