Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

How well will this baby run?

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
May 28, 2012 1:01:18 AM

Used mainly for FPS'es or MMO's
How will it run on say, BF3, or WoW/Skyrim?


Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition (Must stay unless there is some overheating problem, i just adore the looks it matches my room)
WD Black Caviar 1TB 6.0GB/s
MSI OC GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
CORSAIR Professional Series HX850
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
ASUS P8Z77-V
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge


Where can I improve whilst statying like 100 dollars more at most

More about : baby run

May 28, 2012 1:07:45 AM

Buy a 128GB Crucial M4 SSD for those 100$ and you're set.
m
0
l
May 28, 2012 1:08:11 AM

Biggest upgrade would be an SSD. Go with a cheaper HDD and get a 120 GB SSD to go with it.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 28, 2012 1:12:09 AM

What exactly is an SSD? this is my second ever frankenstein and I am making it for a friend, But i never did understand the point of an SSD, but other than that, everything else will run well, for the money?
m
0
l
May 28, 2012 1:15:32 AM

I'd recommend the asus version of the gtx670, all around better cooling. Also an ssd uses no moving parts so read and write times are much faster than a hard drive would be. You normally get a Ssd and put your OS and things like photoshop on it.
m
0
l
May 28, 2012 1:19:20 AM

kingjamestw2 said:
What exactly is an SSD? this is my second ever frankenstein and I am making it for a friend, But i never did understand the point of an SSD, but other than that, everything else will run well, for the money?

An SSD is a hard drive that's 10,000 times faster. Your hard drive is by far the slowest thing in your computer, and your computer has to constantly read stuff on it. Replacing your system drive with an SSD means all those random reads and writes take a small fraction of the time they used to, and the entire system runs much, much faster.

You won't see FPS boosts in your games, because they do all their loading up front, but it will make games load much faster.
m
0
l
May 28, 2012 1:25:46 AM

willard said:
An SSD is a hard drive that's 10,000 times faster. Your hard drive is by far the slowest thing in your computer, and your computer has to constantly read stuff on it. Replacing your system drive with an SSD means all those random reads and writes take a small fraction of the time they used to, and the entire system runs much, much faster.

You won't see FPS boosts in your games, because they do all their loading up front, but it will make games load much faster.



Awww I see, that is some nice info right there, so how would this one be?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


also What do you think about the ASUS GPU switchover?
m
0
l
May 28, 2012 1:32:42 AM

it needs a 500 watt psu not an 850 watt unit , so you can get an SSD and a better cpu cooler
m
0
l
May 28, 2012 1:37:50 AM

Outlander_04 said:
it needs a 500 watt psu not an 850 watt unit , so you can get an SSD and a better cpu cooler


The SSD card Im planning on is
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
I can spare that much more without dropping anything
as for the PSU I was also going to turn this computer into a video edciting/recording machine
So I would upgrade my CPU to the i7-3770 and my MOBO to the ASUS P8Z77-WS
Figured having the PSU ahead of time would be nice.
m
0
l
May 28, 2012 2:26:05 AM

Only time you'll need a better PSU is for multiple video cards. For one 500-550W is generally good.
m
0
l