Sudden Problems, severely slow PC

VSkwidd

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Hi there. So a couple days ago now, I was playing Deus Ex Human Revolution on my PC. Running great. Suddenly, everything started to freeze and run slow. My NIC stopped responding, my open programs refused to close (even through task manager) and everything had gone wonky. I told it to shut down and it went to the windows 7 (ultimate, x64) shutdown screen and never shut down. I wound up hitting my reset button. The beep from bios boot sounds a tab bit longer now (but the mobo uses post codes on a small physical read-out, not beeps). Everything posted fine and windows loaded, no problems... When I logged in, my desktop had been completely replaced by a devoid black space with a mouse cursor so I could play about in the void. I reset again ( 3 times! ) and got the same issue. Finally I booted up in safe mode and everything was working. I ran a virus scan and it came up with a couple of minor items and I cleaned them out. I rebooted my pc.. and it failed to POST. WELL... That escalated quickly, now, didn't it? I read the POST code and it indicated that it stopped whilst testing my USBs. I unplugged my USBs and reset again. This time, it made it to the POST but it did so VERY slowly and it was doing the strangest symptom yet. It was (and still is) loading the screen top to bottom, line by line (graphically, not text/code - wise). I have since replaced the HDD entirely and installed the OS fresh. I'm still having the same problem. RAM is... All frame rates have dropped in every game considerably, even pre-rendered videos lag! I've tested the problems with two separate GPUS and the problems are the same with both.

Any ideas? I'm planning on replacing the CPU and MOBO at this point but want to see if anyone has any suggestions before I do so!

VSkwidd

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Sorry- RAM checked out. Also; the OS will never boot on the first try after a shut down. Must lock up at the start up of the OS and then restart and then it'll load the OS. (that's what made me get a new HDD, even ran chkdsk on it though and it came up clean.)

VSkwidd

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
I had to reset the BIOS to get it to show the usb post error code the first time around. Everything is default in BIOS. I've downloaded CPUz, which field do you want the readout from? I've honestly never heard of "800mhz mode"

Thank you for your response!

VSkwidd

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
A quick DXDIAG overview so you have an idea of what you're working with...

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/19/2012, 23:53:13
Machine name: VSK-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.120503-2030)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: OEM
System Model: OEM
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 10240MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8184MB RAM
Page File: 2536MB used, 13828MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 470
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06CD&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A3
Display Memory: 4049 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1233 MB
Shared Memory: 2816 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HT-R390
Monitor Id: ONK0B33
Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)
Output Type: HDMI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.0623 (English)
Driver Version: 9.18.13.623
DDI Version: 10.1