600 dollar budget gaming rig

TheScarecrow97

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
Date of Purchase: yet to be determined

Budget range: A fairly strict 600 dollars. Technically 700 dollars, but since I need an OS, only 600 for parts.

System usage: Gaming, streaming and recording games

Parts not required: keyboard, mouse, moniter

Preferred website: wherever I can get the parts cheapest. newegg, NCIX, microcenter, Amazon, CompUSA,

Overclocking: eventually. Will buy aftermarket cooler when I'm ready to do that

Sli/crossfire: no

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

I'm relatively new to building computers. Could someone please look at my build and affirm that all my parts are compatible and that I'm really getting the most bang for my buck?

Here's my build:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8ZYM

abhop26

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
Your build is very similar to mine. great minds think alike :D

Your build looks fine. From what I can tell all of your items will work together!

This is my build if you want to compare/contrast, Take off whatever you didnt want. monitor/wifi/ cooling fans etc

I would go with the 6850 as there is not a huge difference and you are saving 30+ $

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=15318194

TheScarecrow97

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012

Alright thanks for the advice! Looking at your build gave me something solid to go by. I do think I'm gonna stick with the 6870 though. With the rebate from NCIX it only costs 6 dollars more than the 6850. Quick question though. As for power supplies, would you go with your Corsair CX series or the OCZ one I listed?

TheScarecrow97

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012

Yeah I remember seeing some pretty bad reviews on the CX series. I was somewhat surprised that Corsair would build something that shabby. I don't really know anything about OCZ and I didn't find the psu I listed until after looking around quite a bit, but it had overall good reviews and for a reasonable price.
Also, that seems like a good psu you listed, but its a bit out of my price range : /

the_creed4

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
awesome build, i just went for the 4100 instead of the phenom, just because it's newer. But the phenom's are awesome in gaming, and thank you for going with AMD, there processors are outstanding with price/performance

TheScarecrow97

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012

Haha thank you! It was a toss up at first and I couldn't decide between the phenom ii 965 and the i3 2120, but the phenom was a little cheaper (and the mobos costs a little less than the intel ones i noticed) and with supposedly slightly better multitasking and just about equivalent power once overclocked so it seemed like the better deal.