Sign in with
Your question

Can I have 2 wireless networks on 1 FiOS connection?

Last response: in Networking
June 4, 2011 9:16:34 PM

I have an Actiontec wireless router (from Verizon) connected to my FiOS. Can I connect a second wireless router to my FiOS to provide 2 different wireless networks and if so, how do I connect it?
June 5, 2011 12:05:11 AM

You can. My Actiontec doesn't work with my Samsung wireless printer. I picked up a Linksys router and connected it through one of the Actiontec ethernet ports. I have two networks because of it.
m
l
June 6, 2011 4:11:56 PM

KardisF1 said:
You can. My Actiontec doesn't work with my Samsung wireless printer. I picked up a Linksys router and connected it through one of the Actiontec ethernet ports. I have two networks because of it.

Thanks for the reply. How did you connect your Linksys to the Actiontec? Did you connect the Linksys WAN to an Actiontec LAN?
m
l
June 16, 2011 4:34:32 PM

I had the Actiontec LAN port 1 going ot the WAN port on my Linksys router and was using that as my gateway, with the Linksys then routing through the Actiontec.

Since I don't have FIOS TV (not available here in NH, Fairpoint now the ISP), I've since had my connection rewired from coax to cat5 and just plug the Linksys router directly into that and ditched the Actiontec box all together.

Either way, you'll can manage with 1 wireless network rather than 2, unless you wat to split up the traffic purposely.
m
l
!