  • Opera
  • Mobile
Last response: in Brands
May 31, 2004 12:48:03 AM

I read somewhere that the Nokia 6600 came with the opera web browser, but I
can't find it anywhere on the 6600 I just bought from t-mobile.

Does it not come with t-mobile 6600s? :-(

More about : nokia 6600 opera found

Anonymous
May 31, 2004 3:03:49 PM

On Sun, 30 May 2004 20:48:03 -0500, Nigel Poncewattle wrote:

> I read somewhere that the Nokia 6600 came with the opera web browser, but
> I can't find it anywhere on the 6600 I just bought from t-mobile.

> Does it not come with t-mobile 6600s? :-(

Yup...It does not come with the 6600 by default. Although some service
providers may bundle it...AFAIK T-mobile is not one of them.

It's hardly expensive to obtain however...only $14.95US.
http://www.opera.com

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
May 31, 2004 3:07:55 PM

Nigel Poncewattle wrote:
> I read somewhere that the Nokia 6600 came with the opera web browser,
> but I can't find it anywhere on the 6600 I just bought from t-mobile.
>
> Does it not come with t-mobile 6600s? :-(

If you don't have it you can download it from

http://www.opera.com/download/index.dml?platform=symbia...

You will need Bluetooth on your PC and PC Suite installed and working to
transfer it or a Card Reader installed on your PC so that you can transfer
it directly to the Memory Card on your 6600.

Once you have the sis file on your phone opening it will install the Opera
browser.
May 31, 2004 3:23:58 PM

On Mon, 31 May 2004 11:07:55 +0100, Comfortably Numb wrote:

> Nigel Poncewattle wrote:
>> I read somewhere that the Nokia 6600 came with the opera web browser,
>> but I can't find it anywhere on the 6600 I just bought from t-mobile.
>>
>> Does it not come with t-mobile 6600s? :-(
>
> If you don't have it you can download it from
>
> http://www.opera.com/download/index.dml?platform=symbia...
>
> You will need Bluetooth on your PC and PC Suite installed and working to
> transfer it or a Card Reader installed on your PC so that you can transfer
> it directly to the Memory Card on your 6600.

It can also be downloaded via iRDA(infrared), or a data-cable.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
May 31, 2004 3:23:59 PM

michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote in
news:p an.2004.05.31.10.23.54.887000@ivetva.arg:

> On Mon, 31 May 2004 11:07:55 +0100, Comfortably Numb wrote:
>
>> If you don't have it you can download it from
>>
>> http://www.opera.com/download/index.dml?platform=symbia...

That's what I intend to do. Since I'm still learning the device, I wanted
to make sure I didn't miss it. Thanks.

> It can also be downloaded via iRDA(infrared), or a data-cable.

The 6600 doesn't accept a data cable, from my understanding. One big
selling point was bluetooth, so it's not a problem.

Thanks to Comfortably Numb and Michael Turner for the responses!
Anonymous
June 2, 2004 3:13:46 AM

spliiting hairs here, but according to Nokia, ALL 6600's are shipped with
Opera on the mem card - apart from to some providers (to keep the unit cost
down) - like O2 and T Mobile.

Also worth trying Netfront. I tried Opera on my 3650, and Netfront on my
(O2) 6600. Looks as good as Opera. www.acess-sys-eu.com

DA

news:p an.2004.05.31.10.03.48.91000@ivetva.arg...

!