Sign in with
Your question

Can my desktop play d3? :3

Last response: in Systems
May 28, 2012 8:24:57 AM

Hello everyone!

i want to play d3 with my bf and i would like to know if it could handle it on low/medium/high settings before i buy the game lol :) 
if not, please tell me which parts i need to upgrade? :S

my specs are

resolution: 1920x1080
processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.4GHz (btw does this mean im running a dual core or core2duo?)
videocard: xfx geforce gt 240 or my friend's asus geforce gts250 (prefer not to use this..)
power supply: antec earthwatts 750w 80plus bronze
ssd: intel 320 series 120gb
ram: 4x 1gb crucial

thanks!
sorry if i posted in the wrong forum ;(

More about : desktop play

May 28, 2012 10:46:24 AM

Just remember as you up the difficulty (ie From Normal to Hell/Nightmare etc) there are significantly more enemies on the screen at once and significantly more effects going on.

So while your first run through might be playable with your specs (I suspect Low Gfx) if you plan to go through again on harder difficulty you might have to lower you gfx even further and may experience alot of slowdowns.

My recommendation is use one of the free trial things (I forget what they are called) that you get with the retail copy (your bf should have 2) and that will give you a limited play through much like the beta and you would be able to assess whether you deem the game playable and whether it looks good enough.
m
l
Related resources
May 28, 2012 11:10:56 AM

lacey88 said:
Hello everyone!

i want to play d3 with my bf and i would like to know if it could handle it on low/medium/high settings before i buy the game lol :) 
if not, please tell me which parts i need to upgrade? :S

my specs are

resolution: 1920x1080
processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.4GHz (btw does this mean im running a dual core or core2duo?)
videocard: xfx geforce gt 240 or my friend's asus geforce gts250 (prefer not to use this..)
power supply: antec earthwatts 750w 80plus bronze
ssd: intel 320 series 120gb
ram: 4x 1gb crucial

thanks!
sorry if i posted in the wrong forum ;(

Okay, well the long and the short of it is your prob not gonna get decent frame rates, with your set up. It most likely will be playable on the low settings.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/diablo-iii-performa...

Take a look at the link, and you can get a rough guide to the min requirements you need for 1080p gaming. Your looking at a 460gtx and above for relatively good FPS9 30+ fps). A little overclock on your cpu and a semi decent GFX will get you what you want.

PS a well termed search in google will get you this info very quickly!!!! :) 
m
l
May 28, 2012 4:43:40 PM

Should be fine for lower settings, if you want ultra high settings I would look into buying the HD 6770. It seems to perform unusually well in Diablo 3.
m
l
!