Looking to build a responsive PC for motion graphics and animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hersh83

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Hello,

I'm looking to put together a new PC mainly for use with running multiple programs like After Effects, Photoshop, Zbrush, Maya and things of that nature. I'm not a huge gamer, but I'm pretty sure the requirements are similar to be able to run these progs efficiently (lots of clock + ram, and good GPU).

I'm really looking for some hardware suggestions in terms of motherboard, cpu, and ram. No allegiance to Intel or AMD, just looking for real-world performance for a decent value.

Any suggestions?

dg1598

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
Well, in my opinion, you're going to be doing plenty of rendering, so this already means you're gonna want to go intel! :) Also, you're gonna need plenty of RAM for programs like that, at least 8 GB but if you can I'd say go with 12/16GB because Adobe programs eat up any memory they can get! You really don't need a GPU because all those programs can run off my intel onboard graphics on my laptop? But if you really are looking for a decent, cheap GPU I'd say the AMD 7770 Ghz Edition, seems to run Crysis 2 and Battlefield 3 at over 30FPS consistently, and the best part is its just over €140 here in Ireland! If you're looking for a motherboard I'd say go with ASUS P8H67-M PRO, frankly because I'm an ASUS fanboy and this comes with support for onboard graphics if you decide not to go with a GPU, because you really don't need it if you don't plan on gaming!

Anyway,
CPU - Intel Core i5 2500k
RAM - 12/16 GB 1600mhz
GPU - AMD 7770 Ghz Edition
MOBO - P8H67-M PRO

Hope I helped! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.