Sign in with
Your question

Quiet Cooling - LGA 2011

Last response: in CPUs
September 20, 2012 5:22:43 PM

Hello,

I am looking for finalize the last piece of my audio workstation, the cooler. Key Points for cooling is Quietness (preferablly silent) and decent temperatures. This system is only for audio software/hardware, no real gaming (maybe light flash games or low end here or there)

I have a 3820 Processor -LGA 2011, and a ASUS P9X79 WS board. I do not plan on overclocking, only default settings.

I was looking at the Noctua DH14 Se2011, but find it fairly pricy ($80), I was looking at the Scythe ninja, NZXT Havik, Coolermaster tpc 812, coolermaster X6 elite, evo etc...

I saw the toms hardware graph but didnt see the scythe ninja or nzxt havik which im considering as well, is it worth it to looks at one of these or just go for the Noctua? (Using a Silver stone TJ04-E Case), Im also concerned about the bracket, as im afraid of these massive coolers bending and warping the board over time.

Im looking for Silence, good cooling performance, very stable backplate, the case will have a couple of low RPM fans with fan controller as well for airflow.

What do you think?

More about : quiet cooling lga 2011

September 20, 2012 5:36:51 PM

I have the Noctua. It works brilliantly! And you shouldn't worry too much about the bracket it is very sturdy so long as your pc isnt moved too much. I'm just thinking that maybe its overkill for what you need, but it is pretty quiet if you use the LNA adapters.
m
l
!