hnijhar

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
so, i want to use 2 workstations on one computer tower, so each monitor has its own mouse,keyboard and can do what ever it wants while the other one is doing what ever he wants!

so heres my diagram

tower--------------monitor-------------------monitor
mouse mouse
keyboard keyboard

so theres 2 workstations on 1 tower

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
If you are using a prefabricated tower, make sure it supports two motherboards. If not, then you can either find a tower that fits your need, or mod it (if it's large enough).

Do not skimp on ventilation and fans. You'd need at least twice the amount, in the correct places to prevent uneven cooling.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
This is a fairly strange request, as it's pretty simple to just cram all the hardware for the second rig into a second case. You certainly can't share hardware between two computers living in the same case, so I don't know why you'd want to do this.

Usually, people are looking to do the opposite. They have one set of peripherals (mouse, keyboard, monitors) and want to connect two computers to them. This is accomplished via a KVM switch, which can be had at a variety of price points from pretty much any retailer that sells that kind of thing.