My Laptop is getting a power light but when I hit power it flashes for a second

wehokid

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Hello, I dont know what is going on, I mean the light on the side of the computer (power plug) is getting a light, so I hit the power button and nothing accepts one quick flash of lights for a split second after that no boot, no screen no nothing.
What could be the issue?
I am using HP Pavillion DV9930US.

wehokid

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Actually before the laptop started giving me problems the battery was working fine, it would keep a charge on without power for atleast 20 min, so the battery is actually good, however I also have a spare one and tried that too but its a no go.
I even took out the battery and just plugged the power itself and the same result. a blue flash on the power section for a second and bam its gone.

Hi :)

LOOK...I OWN A LAPTOP REPAIR COMPANY...DO WHAT I SAID...

IF the voltage is ok then its the charging pin needs replacement..

All the best Brett :)

wehokid

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

Hi Brett, I understand what you are saying, but I get the same result with the battery on, when I plug the cable into the power plug the light is on and stays on, but when I hit the power button the little lights that normally lights in the front comes in and goes out quickly..BUT the light of the power plug on the side of the computer remains on the whole time, (its still on as we speak). Its just that the computer wont boot up, nothing with the power cable or any of the 2 batteries.

Hi :)

We see this many times.... the lights being on has NOTHING to do with having enough VOLTAGE or AMPERAGE to start the laptop,,,

TEST WITH A VOLTMETER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If its not the charger, then its probably new motherboard time...

All the best Brett :)