The gtx 570 still a good buy

sh1zz4m

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
So I'm building a new rig and i just don't know about a video card.
This is a lot of money to me, my ps3 was only 300 bucks (the second time) and a video card only for games, the wife is gonna love this one heh, at least i got a blu ray player with the ps3.
With the price drop to around 300 on a 570 do you think I could buy one now, and then later down the road sli a second, or is it going to be crazy hard to find another one for the same price or less in 6 -8 months because of the new ones. New to this whole thing so thanks in advance. Already decided on nNvidia, though at first a 560, the a 560 ti with sli in the future, now im thinking one 570 for a while then a second.

Solution
I think that the 570 is a great buy right now, it's hard to say whether or not the 570 will be here a few months down the road (Kepler may or may not wow us), and if Kepler fails, the 570 may sell more actually. But looking at the 680, it seems like Kepler will do well. Using my magical sightseer skills, you will probably be able to find a 570 down the road somewhere.

gary1

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I think that the 570 is a great buy right now, it's hard to say whether or not the 570 will be here a few months down the road (Kepler may or may not wow us), and if Kepler fails, the 570 may sell more actually. But looking at the 680, it seems like Kepler will do well. Using my magical sightseer skills, you will probably be able to find a 570 down the road somewhere.

Solution

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
Musing... The GTX460's 1GB rolled out July, 2010 @ $230. GTX 570's came out Dec., 2010 @ $350. 460's are getting hard to find now at $125. Will 570's be available 6 months from now at $250?
The 600's are going to be killing off the 500's pretty quickly is my guess but we will all have better, faster video cards for it. It's a good thing the Federal gov't. hasn't meddled with the computer industry much except for mercury and PCB's (chemicals not circuit boards) or we would all be paying 3 times as much for our parts and have crappier parts at that! Prices come down and performance and efficiency go up, that's a free marketplace. And even the Chinese making the products are making far more money than they were a few years ago. Wish we could say the same for U.S. workers...
.....end of political rant.....

TRENDING THREADS