SSL Access? (port 443)

Does Cingular block SSL access (port 443)? Or are there data plans that
allow access on that port?

We are trying to use the RoadSync application from DataViz, and having
troubles.

Thanks!

Chester
3 answers Last reply
More about access port

    In <YttIe.896$RZ2.440@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net> on Thu, 04 Aug 2005
    18:52:40 GMT, "Chester" <chester.hull@gmail.com> wrote:

    >Does Cingular block SSL access (port 443)? Or are there data plans that
    >allow access on that port?
    >
    >We are trying to use the RoadSync application from DataViz, and having
    >troubles.

    From what device? Most mobile devices don't support SSL.

    > In <YttIe.896$RZ2.440@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net> on Thu, 04 Aug
    > 2005
    > 18:52:40 GMT, "Chester" <chester.hull@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Does Cingular block SSL access (port 443)? Or are there data plans that
    >>allow access on that port?
    >>
    >>We are trying to use the RoadSync application from DataViz, and having
    >>troubles.
    >
    > From what device? Most mobile devices don't support SSL.

    > John Navas

    Hi John, thanks for the post. Actually, quite a few devices do. And not just
    "palm" computers. Quite a few Motorola phones support SSL. In fact, look at
    http://www.dataviz.com/solutions/enterprise/roadsync/supported_devices.html
    for an entire list. This is the software package we are trying to use, and
    it uses SSL to connect to our server.

    Thanks!

    Chester

    In <mWBJe.2493$Je.2328@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net> on Mon, 08 Aug 2005
    05:18:10 GMT, "Chester" <chester.hull@gmail.com> wrote:

    >> In <YttIe.896$RZ2.440@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net> on Thu, 04 Aug
    >> 2005
    >> 18:52:40 GMT, "Chester" <chester.hull@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Does Cingular block SSL access (port 443)? Or are there data plans that
    >>>allow access on that port?
    >>>
    >>>We are trying to use the RoadSync application from DataViz, and having
    >>>troubles.
    >>
    >> From what device? Most mobile devices don't support SSL.

    >Hi John, thanks for the post. Actually, quite a few devices do.

    Some do; most do not.

    >And not just
    >"palm" computers. Quite a few Motorola phones support SSL. In fact, look at
    >http://www.dataviz.com/solutions/enterprise/roadsync/supported_devices.html
    >for an entire list. This is the software package we are trying to use, and
    >it uses SSL to connect to our server.

    That's only a fraction of mobile devices on the market.

    Regardless, you didn't answer my question.

Cingular SSL Internet Service Providers