Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Kinda new to high end gpu's. curious about my gtx 570 temps

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 28, 2012 1:21:36 AM

so i built a rig about a month ago and i have a evga gtx 570 hd card and when i play games i have the on screen display from afterburner on so i can check my temps and whatnot while playing. so my question is, is 65c normal while playing bf3 on ultra with 1080p res with the fan on the gpu at 70-75%? my friend claims he is pulling the same temps but with the fans at 50ish% but when i drop down even to 60% my temps shoot to 70-75C (i don't know what res my friend plays at but he plays on ultra settings so yeah...)

so are my temps normal and my friend is just tugging on my nuts or do i need to re-seat my heat sink? i don't really know what the acceptable temps are for gpu's so any insite is helpful haha :D 
March 28, 2012 1:48:47 AM

How are your ambient temps and case airflow?
70-75 is fine, but I wouldn't expect to see such a wide spread between two units of the same card (they are the same model, right?).
m
l
March 28, 2012 1:50:25 AM

Those temps are fairly average. I get to the high 60's on my 570 when gaming. how is the airflow in your case? Do you have a side panel fan option? If you take off your side panel, and run your temps again when gaming, do they improve? if so, you might look at adding case fans or a slot cooler.
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
March 28, 2012 2:02:17 AM

Yea your temps are fine dude....I get about same as you With SLI and about a inch in space
m
l
March 28, 2012 2:14:27 AM

kajabla said:
How are your ambient temps and case airflow?
70-75 is fine, but I wouldn't expect to see such a wide spread between two units of the same card (they are the same model, right?).

when idle the cards at 30c and i have 2 200mm intakes and 1 200mm and 1 120mm exhausts so there is plenty of flow. and they are the exact same card. but my friend is also a joker so i didn't know if he was joking or not... haha thanks for the info
m
l
March 28, 2012 2:15:53 AM

kelthic said:
Those temps are fairly average. I get to the high 60's on my 570 when gaming. how is the airflow in your case? Do you have a side panel fan option? If you take off your side panel, and run your temps again when gaming, do they improve? if so, you might look at adding case fans or a slot cooler.

i have a cooler master haf 922 with a 200mm fan mounted on the side and plenty of flow (explained in above post ^^^)
m
l

Best solution

March 28, 2012 2:18:27 AM

I wouldn't worry about these temps. I wouldn't sweat them unless they go over 90-95C :) 
March 28, 2012 2:20:45 AM

kelthic said:
I wouldn't worry about these temps. I wouldn't sweat them unless they go over 90-95C :) 

alright thanks haha. like i said im kinda new to this so figured i would ask before i break something haha :) 
m
l
March 28, 2012 2:21:08 AM

Best answer selected by PhxkinMassacre.
m
l
!