Status
Not open for further replies.

shad0w snip3r

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
I just put together my new gaming pc, and when I was putting it together I noticed a blackish "smudge" on the top of the CPU. I did windows experience index and it got a 7.6 so I don't think it's affecting performance. Still, I don't think it's supposed to be there, so do you think I should send it back? Or is it normal?

Solution
If your CPU is running at its rated frequency and showing no signs of overheating/any other misc. issue, I wouldn't really worry. Dead CPU's are very rare, and I highly doubt something like that would affect your CPU especially if it was just a smudge.

However, if you're concerned it may affect you in the long run, you can always exchange it for some peace of mind :)
If your CPU is running at its rated frequency and showing no signs of overheating/any other misc. issue, I wouldn't really worry. Dead CPU's are very rare, and I highly doubt something like that would affect your CPU especially if it was just a smudge.

However, if you're concerned it may affect you in the long run, you can always exchange it for some peace of mind :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.