Sign in with
Your question

Computer won't turn on but mobo and fans turn on for half a second

Last response: in Systems
May 28, 2012 4:49:25 PM

So, my computers been working fine for the past few months ever since it was built, but today I left it on for about an hour when I went out, and when I came home it was off

Afterwards it wouldn't turn on
I cleaned out all the dust etc. inside the case, took out the PSU and did the paperclip test
The PSU worked, so I put it back in and unplugged the gfx card from the PSU
Then it turned on, the lights and fans turned out and it made a long beeping sound.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the PSU doesn't have enough power (?) but thats seems unlikely since this has never happened before

Maybe the gfx card is bust?

Anyway, I'm not an expert on computers and I didn't build this PC myself so not sure what to do now

Any help would be great :) 
a b B Homebuilt system
May 29, 2012 12:00:37 PM

"No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" checklist

garyheehee said:
So, my computers been working fine for the past few months ever since it was built, but today I left it on for about an hour when I went out, and when I came home it was off

Afterwards it wouldn't turn on
I cleaned out all the dust etc. inside the case, took out the PSU and did the paperclip test
The PSU worked, so I put it back in and unplugged the gfx card from the PSU
Then it turned on, the lights and fans turned out and it made a long beeping sound.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the PSU doesn't have enough power (?) but thats seems unlikely since this has never happened before

Maybe the gfx card is bust?

Anyway, I'm not an expert on computers and I didn't build this PC myself so not sure what to do now

Any help would be great :) 
!