Sign in with
Your question

Black screen

Last response: in CPUs
September 21, 2012 1:55:12 AM

Hello guys,
I have a problem with my computer, every now and then when I boot it up, it doesn't show me anything but a black screen and I hear the fans going and sound come out of the speakers but no picture. This all started a month ago or so when I first made the computer, I installed all the parts and I started the computer for the first time but no picture came out, I switched to onboard graphics (2500k) and it booted fine with picture and everything, I noticed that the fans on the GPU weren't spinning but after I switched to onboard and re started the computer the GPU started to spin and I plugged in my DVI and it was all fine and dandy. Again, every now and then I would get black screens but after switching from GPU to CPU it fixed the problem. Two weeks ago I got a black screen with no spinning fans (again) and I decided to clear cmos and it fixed it right away, I thought I had fixed it for good, but today I got a black screen, I tried cmos but nothing happen! and after a few restarts it showed me picture, is my hardware faulty or a do I have to do something in the BIOS? any feed back will be appreciated. Also I'm not sure if the PSU is at fault as all the components start except the GPU, I also don't think the GPU is at fault as after I clear Cmos it made the GPU start, could it be the Mobo? All the parts seem fine!! so confuse.

More about : black screen

a c 150 à CPUs
September 21, 2012 2:46:22 AM

Try reseating the gpu in the slot a few times. That helps the contacts make better contact.
m
l
September 21, 2012 2:56:34 AM

popatim said:
Try reseating the gpu in the slot a few times. That helps the contacts make better contact.

Yeah, I'm trying that tomorrow, hopefully after a few positions I won't see that annoying black screen!!
m
l
!