Pc gaming chat rooms

helpwithpc

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
ok i plan on buying a computer for games and i i wanted to know if the specs on this computer will run fine on games like MINECRAFT , Resident evil 4, and mmo's like wow ,ect and other games i plan on upgrading the graphics card eventually but in the mean time can it play those games or games like it and maybe even call of duty or tf2? any help would be appreciated or advice on what to buy here are the computer specs and a link to it

•AMD FX-4100 processor
3.60GHz, 8MB L3 Cache
•8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 16GB)
•500GB SATA hard drive
•NVIDIA GT 520 Series Graphics
With 1GB dedicated graphics memory
$498 iBUYPOWER Gamer Power WA501D3

http://www.walmart.com/ip/iBUYPOWER-Gamer-Extreme-WA501D3-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-FX-4100-Processor-8GB-Memory-500GB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Monitor-Not-Included/19900560?findingMethod=rr

thanks

D

Deleted member 217926

No. The GT520 is not a gaming card at all. That computer would play browser based flash games but not 3D games like the ones you listed.

helpwithpc

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012

so if i got that computer and a better graphics card would it be a decent computer and what is graphics card you would recommend for me to get for games at a reasonable price like under $150 and without upgradeing the psu.

Thanks

helpwithpc

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012

so if i got that computer and a better graphics card would it be a decent computer and what graphics card would you recommend for me to get for games at a reasonable price like under $150 and without upgradeing the psu. and i cant imagine the psu would be to bad its a $500 computer if you can click the link i posted maybe it there and i missed it and on other reviews i read people were playing skyrim on that processor

Thanks

D

Deleted member 217926

It's a $500 Walmart computer. You get what you pay for.

The FX4100 is not a good gaming CPU. It's better if you can overclock it to 4.5Ghz or higher but you will not be able to overclock with this motherboard. For roughly the same price as the FX 4100 you can get an i3 2100/2120. The i3 will not overclock at all but even at stock speeds is faster than the FX4100 overclocked to 4.5Ghz.

Read this.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-fx-pentium-apu-benchmark,3120.html

And this.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-5.html

I see no mention of a power supply. Most likely it's something super cheap and 300 watts or less. This means you will need to upgrade the power supply before you can even think of adding a graphics card capable of playing any of the games you listed.

So you are looking at $500 for the computer + $50-$60 for a power supply and then a graphics card.

What resolution will you be playing at? At resolutions below 1920 x 1080 you will need a GTX550 Ti / HD 6770. At 1920 x 1080 a GTX560 / HD 6850 at minimum.

Your best bet is to build you own. That Walmart computer is fine for internet browsing, not so much for gaming. Also, you can not just take a piece of junk and turn it into a gamer. It's much easier to start with building a gamer. Walmart listing this computer as a gaming computer is just false advertising unless you consider pogo games and other flash based 2D games as the games they are talking about.

helpmewithpc

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

I Honestly would not know how to build my own computer or where to start i would like to just buy a computer for under like $650 and then if i need to put a new graphic card in it if you have time im going to post 2 more computer links and tell me what you think of them it would be much apreciated

here is one that people play wow and swtor on it out of the box but i think i would put a better gpu in it if i can without replacing power supply here it is

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CyberpowerPC-Black-Gamer-Ultra-GUA250-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-Quad-Core-FX-4100-Processor-8GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Monitor/17811825?findingMethod=rr

now i will post the other one which kind of sounds more like your talking about but costs $100 more

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CyberPower-1TB-GXi250/16672337?findingMethod=rr

If you think it would be safe and fairly easy for me not very experienced with computers to build my own just try to tell me how to do it and what to buy if possible thank you for helping me

D

Deleted member 217926

You get SO much more for your money if you build your own. It's really easy and there are youtube videos and other great guides online including in this forum. People here at Tom's are always a great help as well. The only tool you really need is a small ( No 1 ) phillips head screwdriver.

Check this out for $650. It will max pretty much every game at 1920 x 1080.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-gaming-pc-overclock,3159.html

Personally I would add $20 and get 8GB of RAM but that's really a small thing. I might can do even better but I don't really have the time to search newegg right now. If someone else has not helped you by tomorrow I will put you a build together. In the meantime check out some DIY build guides and see if you feel like trying to build your own. If not I will also look around at the Dell outlet and at newegg.com and see if there are any better prebuilt deals for you.

helpmewithpc

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

if you could look around that would be pretty nice of you i would consider building my own but i honestly dont know where to start or what to buy and i dont have much money im 15 and dont have a job i have stuff im selling to get a decent computer and i think that $650 would be pushing it i have a monitor so i just need the tower so look around if you can i will try to learn more about computers so i cand do this for myself but for now all the help i could get would be nice.

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
You have a monitor, correct? What Model, size or any other information you have.
Do you have a keyboard and mouse? Do you have internet access or are you messaging from a library? Or maybe from home, I don't know. That would help in knowing the price we can look for. Is there a computer shop where you live? Maybe they can build one for you better than an IBUY from WalMart. Nothing about Walmart but low cost pre-built computers often have low grade power supplies and other inexpensive parts you don't need. 1 thing you will need for sure, is the Windows Home Premium operating system (OS) $100.00.
Just quickly looking at the www.Ibuypower.com wesite I came up with this.

03:33 3/28/2012
http://www.ibuypower.com/Carts/ShoppingCarts.aspx

Intel Z68 Core i3/i5/i7 Configurator
1 x Case ( NZXT Alpha Gaming Case - Black )
1 x Processor ( Intel® Core™ i3-2120 Processor (2x 3.30GHz/3MB L3 Cache) )
1 x Processor Cooling ( Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink )
1 x Memory ( 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand )
1 x Video Card ( AMD Radeon HD 6790 - 1GB - Single Card )
1 x Motherboard ( ASUS P8Z68-V LX -- Lucid Virtu Technology )
1 x Power Supply ( 650 Watt - Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2 - Free Upgrade to 750 Watt Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 ($20 Savings) )
1 x Primary Hard Drive ( 2 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive )
Optical Drive ( 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black )
1 x Operating System ( Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit )
1 x Keyboard ( iBUYPOWER USB Keyboard )
1 x Mouse ( iBUYPOWER Internet Mouse )
0 x Monitor ( None )
0 x Speaker System ( None )
1 x Warranty ( 3 Year Standard Warranty Service )
1 x Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days )
$832.00

That is their prebuilt from parts I chose. Some I didn't really choose but was forced by their menu.
For $650 you can build Tom's $650 Rig of the Month http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-gaming-pc-overclock,3159.html
and substitute a Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 $135 after MIR
instead of the 6970 video card and add $100 for Windows software and Shazam! $650 for a gamer.

Hope that wasn't too long or confusing. You still need a keyboard and mouse.

Plshelpwithpc

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

thank you for all the time you used trying to help me but i cant spend that much.... if you can i know you guys dont like walmart but its easiest for me and my screen is 720p 19' lcd tv i just want to ask you whats better and then tell me which one is the best option for me okay i will post the specs and link to it and yes it is from walmart but please just look and tell me which has best cpu and gpu and if i can upgrade the gpu later on if i need to here is the first one its $648 and honestly the only games i will proably will be playing for a while is minecraft,crossfire ps2 emulators and other emulators and games that are on mmohut mainly so just tell me which pc would be the best for this and i dont plan on playing on the highest settings and i will proably get a better gpu later for it.

CyberPowerPC Gamer Xtreme GXi250 Gaming Desktop PC:•Intel Core i3-2100 processor - 3.10GHz, 3MB L3 Cache
•8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 16GB)
•1TB SATA hard drive
•24x DVD /-R/RW Drive

•10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet

•NVIDIA GeForce GT520 Graphics

With 1GB video memory, DVI, HDMI and VGA capabilities
Additional Features:•6 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x VGA port, 1 x DVI port, 1 x HDMI port, 1 x PS/2 port
•2 x PCI slots, 1 x PCI Express (x1) slot, 1 x PCI Express (x16) slot, 3 x external 5.25" bays, 1 x external 3.5" bay, 5 x internal 3.5" bays
Software:•Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Edition (To learn more about the features of Windows 7, click here)
•Microsoft Office Starter 2010: Includes reduced functionality versions of Microsoft Word and Excel, with advertising. PowerPoint or Outlook are NOT included. Purchase Office 2010 today and get the most out of your new PC. (To learn more about the features of Office 2010, click here)
•Backup and Restore options built into Windows allows you to create safety copies of your most important personal files, so you're always prepared for the worst
Support and Warranty:•1-year limited warranty; Toll-free tech support
•Restore discs are no longer included with PCs. We recommend you use the installed software to create your own restore and backup DVD the first week you use the computer.
What's In The Box:•Power cord
•USB keyboard
•USB mouse
•Quick Start Guide

Here is the other one it is $569

CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA250 Desktop PC:

Key Features and Benefits:•AMD Quad-Core FX-4100 processor
3.60GHz, 4MB L2 Cache

•8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory

•1TB SATA hard drive

•24x DVD+/-R/RW drive

•10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet
•NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 Graphics
With 1GB video memory, DVI, HDMI and VGA capabilities

Additional Features:•6 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x audio port, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 2 x PS/2 ports, 1 x VGA port, 1 x parallel port, 1 x COM port
•1 x PCI slot, 2 x PCI Express (x1) slots, 1 x PCI Express (x16) slot, 3 x external 5.25" bays, 1 x external 3.5" bay, 5 x internal 3.5" bays, 1 x internal 2.5" bay

Software:•Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Edition (To learn more about the features of Windows 7, click here)
•Microsoft Office Starter 2010: Includes reduced functionality versions of Microsoft Word and Excel, with advertising. PowerPoint and Outlook are NOT included. Purchase Office 2010 today and get the most out of your new PC. (To learn more about the features of Office 2010, click here)
•Backup and Restore options built into Windows allows you to create safety copies of your most important personal files, so you're always prepared for the worst

Support and Warranty:•1-year limited warranty
•Restore discs are not included (unless specified by supplier). We recommend you use the installed software to create your own restore and backup DVD the first week you use the computer.

What's In The Box:•Power cord
•USB keyboard
•USB mouse
•Quick Start Guide

For the last ones i will just post the link.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/iBUYPOWER-Gamer-Extreme-WA501D3-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-FX-4100-Processor-8GB-Memory-500GB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Monitor-Not-Included/19900560?findingMethod=rr

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CyberpowerPC-Gamer-Ultra-GUA220-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-A8-3870K-Processor-8GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Monitor-Not-Included/19341810?findingMethod=Recommendation:wm:RecentlyViewedItems

Tell me what you think of theese if any of them will work for what i need it forand maybe if you can look for a better one at like best buy or target or walmart places like that i dont think i could thank you enough if you help me with this and amuffin said why not go off their website is because i have heard that ibuypower can be douches with returning stuff and walmart shipping is cheaper and i can return it within 90 days at a local store for free but if there is a good cheap build your own computer website i would look at it thanks.

Plshelpwithpc

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
i forgot to awnser your other question yes i have internet i do have a keyboard and mouse and im at my house on my crappy laptop and my monitor is an element model 19' 720p lcd tv

THanks

Plshelpwithpc

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

because i have heard that ibuypower and cyberpower can be stupid about returning stuff and sending your computer in to get fixed but walmart shipping is cheaper and i can return it within 90 days at a local store for free and i get to have the warranty from cyberpower. but if there is a good cheap build your own computer website i would look at it thanks.

Plshelpwithpc

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

I Honestly dont understand why everyone says that the gt520 sucks i mean comon its not that bad i have watched serveral videos of people playing games like skyrim call of duty minescraft and many more! am i missing somthing or are some of you just not aware that it can play games??? Please respond

Well, first of all, it's bad. It has low performance, and is priced highly. Yea, of course you saw people playing games with it, it's about same as my old 5 years old 8600 GT. Well, sure, it will launch the games. But it lags. I had to set low settings. It wasn't good. Why would you want to get something little for your money when you can get a lot more?

I'll make you a build in 30 mins, if you're okay with that. You'll be able to tell me if you like it or not.

So last question: do you own windows atm or you need a new copy?

Plshelpwithpc

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

I do not own a copy of windows so i would need a new one and yes i am okay with that as long as its within my price range and will work good then yes anything else you need to know? and where are you building it from

I'll get the links from Newegg, how does that sound? They ship within whole USA.

Plshelpwithpc

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

That sounds fine but if i build my own doesnt that mean there is no warranty and if the parts com dammaged im screwed? or do they assemble it for me?

Here it goes:

Processor - Intel Pentium G860 - $99.99
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 - $54.99
Graphics card - XFX HD-677X-ZNLC Radeon HD 6770 1GB - $109.99 - $99.99 after rebates
Memory - Kingston ValueRAM 2x2GB 1333 MHz - Lifetime Warranty - $28.99
Hard drive - Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" - $80.99
Power supply unit - Corsair CX430 - $44.99 - $24.99 after rebates
Case - Antec Gaming Series One - $54.99
DVD writer - SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner - $15.99
Windows - Windows 7 Home Premium OEM - $99.99

Total: $560,91 after rebates.

How do you like that? :)

About the warranty: you get warranty separately for each part. For example, hard drive has 2 years warranty, while the RAM have lifetime warranty. Also, you'll have to register them online right after purchasing so you're eligible for the warranty. You may also return it if you get a faulty part:
http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/FAQDetail.aspx?Module=6

Plshelpwithpc

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

i like it yes but im assuming i would have to build it myself correct? im not very experienced with that kind of thing is there some kind of way you can have them put it together for you? because i just honestly dont trust myself that is why i wanted to buy a prebuilt one for me it would be much easier what do you think would be best for me?

I think the best for your would be watch some youtube videos about building computers, and learn which part where is meant to be. Once you know which part what is for, you can EASILY built it. Half year ago I built my first own built pc. I though it would be harder, but I was done in 40 minutes. 40 minutes! It's really easier than it looks.

Plshelpwithpc

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

Call me stupid or crazy i apreciated you helping me but i think im just going to buy a prebuilt computer i know it wont be as good but i can always put a new graphics card in it even though it will cost more but oh well i just want to ask ONE last thing i just want to know which computer will last longer and be more upgradeable and best for me i dont care about graphics i will play on low-medium settings so please just tell me which is best ok?

here are the links if you think both are not very good but you see a better one just tell me

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CyberPower-1TB-GXi250/16672337

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CyberpowerPC-Gamer-Ultra-GUA220-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-A8-3870K-Processor-8GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Monitor-Not-Included/19341810

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CyberpowerPC-Gamer-Ultra-GUA320-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-A6-3670K-Processor-8GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Monitor-Not-Included/20470262

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CyberpowerPC-Black-Gamer-Ultra-GUA250-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-Quad-Core-FX-4100-Processor-8GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Monitor/17811825

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CyberpowerPC-Gamer-Ultra-GUA310-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-A4-3400-Processor-8GB-Memory-500GB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Monitor-Not-Included/20470261

JUST please tell me which one will be the best and that i can upgrade later ok? unless you find a better prebuilt one for under 700 thanks