My PC restarts when playing games! HELP!

rebbon

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Okay, so I have a homebuilt PC, I've had it for about a year now. And for the past 6 months I have been getting these random restarts when I play games. And not only graphically intensive games, it even happened once when I was playing Minecraft!

My PC specs:

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
ASUS P8P67 LE Motherboard
Gigabyte HD6850 1GB
8GB RAM
750GB HDD
750W Corsair PSU

IT IS NOT AN OVERHEATING ISSUE!!

My CPU is at approximately 25-30 Degrees celsius at idle, and about 40-55 celsius in load. My GPU is about 40-45 degrees celsius idle, and goes up to about 50-60 degrees celsius at load.

It is not a PSU either!! I thought so at first so I swapped it. STILL RESTARTS! And I have changed my RAM aswell. STILL RESTARTS!

What could be causing this then? I also have disabled "Restart automatically" when something wrong happens in the Advanced System settings. I have all the latest Windows updates aswell.

Please help me! I'm really worried! I have anxiety problems and this is causing me to have chest pains!

check that your bios is up to date..a lot of the bios updates now are for cpu and ram. i would run cpu-z and look under the spd tab and see what the speed setting of your ram are. i would then see what the mb bios has set the speed to. if it 1600 speed or faster you have to use the xmp profile in the ai tuner. with ram it not only the speed by timing. ie ram is rated for 9-9-9-24t that what should be set in the bios. I would also look at the mb qal list and the ram vendor qal list to see if your ram on it.
gpu-z will tell you if your mb has an issue with the pci-slot it should be able to see all the info and set the card up at 16x speed for one card. for memory there memtest. there also prime95 and intel burn in that test your cpu. if you do run this test have open hardware monitor running and watch your cpu temps and power supply voltages. if the tests hangs or reboots. it could be the cpu or a bad part on your mb. the last test would be to run a gpu burn in test.